SkyNews - IP Address

Old January 22nd 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default SkyNews - IP Address

Hi

How do I find the IP address the corresponds to this url?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

Thanks

Ian

Old January 22nd 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 22/01/2005 Ian wrote:

Hi

How do I find the IP address the corresponds to this url?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

Thanks

Ian

There is a web resource at http://www.webyield.net/domainquery.html
which may help.

You can also do the following from a command prompt (when you're
connected to the Internet):

ping www.sky.com

pinging www.sky.com [195.173.72.67] with 32 bytes of data:

request timed out.
request timed out.

I would imagine they have some protection against multiple pings to
prevent DOS attacks.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2
Old January 22nd 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Jeff

Thanks just what I needed

Ian