Do you download music without paying? - Online survey for student project

Old January 22nd 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Newman

Default Do you download music without paying? - Online survey for student project

Hello everyone,

Do you download music without paying?

I am a Third Year Undergraduate student studying in the Department of
Behavioural Sciences at the University of Huddersfield in the United
Kingdom. As part of my studies I am carrying out a research project on the
downloading of music on the internet.

This project takes the form of a completely anonymous online survey which
should take around 5-10 minutes to complete, and you may withdraw your
consent to participate at any stage, even after completion.

For further information and the survey please go to the following link
http://www.an1.co.uk/music-downloading

If you wish to complete the survey, yet you are concerned about privacy
issues, may I recommend using one of the following free internet services to
obscure your IP address etc.
http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Alan Newman.

Old January 22nd 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike GW8IJT

"Alan Newman" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

[...]

I can't do your survey all I get is SQL errors.
Regards Mike.

Old January 24th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nat Stott

I am a Third Year Undergraduate student studying in the Department of
Behavioural Sciences at the University of Huddersfield in the United
Kingdom. As part of my studies I am carrying out a research project on the
downloading of music on the internet.

Does the university not have it's own webserver? It seems very keen of you
to register your own domain name for a third year project!

Old January 24th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Newman

"Nat Stott" wrote in message
Does the university not have it's own webserver? It seems very keen of you
to register your own domain name for a third year project!

I think only computing students can get their hands on university webspace.
My project supervisor asked the department technical staff who said I would
need to get my own webserver etc, so that's what I did. Would be easier for
me and nicer if it could have been on university webspace I agree, and would
give the project more apparent authenticity.

Had I gone to a better uni perhaps webspace would be easier to get my hands
on ;-) As you see the e-mail addresses they assign you are random numbers
with a letter to identify which segment of students you are (h=human and
health sciences, etc etc). I believe other uni's, certainly Liverpool John
Moores uni give their students e-mails with name.surname.

As you can see anyway both e-mail addresses given are @hud.ac.uk so I'm sure
there's no doubting the authenticity there.