Human contact with OneTel required

Old January 23rd 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Human contact with OneTel required

I have been trying to make direct contact with a "human person" in
OneTel to take issue with them about land line billing charges and then
cancel my contract with them. I have used that wretched website which it
seems is designed to prevent one ever having contact with them person to
person. The telephone numbers listed have such a convoluted rigmarole to
go through which seems designed to make one "give up" and remain
subscribed to their system for ever. When I finally did get through to
"India" the very nice girl was most helpful at first until you felt you
were talking to a computer with one script from which she could not
depart.
I would be most grateful if someone could give me a telephone number
which would get results for me.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old January 23rd 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Derrick Fawsitt" wrote in message
I have been trying to make direct contact with a "human person" in
OneTel to take issue with them about land line billing charges and then
cancel my contract with them. I have used that wretched website which it
seems is designed to prevent one ever having contact with them person to
person. The telephone numbers listed have such a convoluted rigmarole to
go through which seems designed to make one "give up" and remain
subscribed to their system for ever. When I finally did get through to
"India" the very nice girl was most helpful at first until you felt you
were talking to a computer with one script from which she could not
depart.
I would be most grateful if someone could give me a telephone number
which would get results for me.
--
Derrick Fawsitt

if all else fails, cancel your Direct Debit, inform Onetel via snailmail
(just to be courteous)
and watch what happens then ;-)

P.

Old January 23rd 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

You could try ringing them from phone thats not 1 tel enabled/listed
with their 1878 prefix; then an operator will come on trying to sign
you up, and away you go!!

You could also try 1 tel web e mail support message system.
http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/contact

Old January 23rd 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Man Himself

[...]

If you think that they're in the wrong about something, then whatever means
you use to get in touch with them threaten them with escalating the issue to
the regulator (OFCOM, I assume in this case). In my experience, and
regulated industry, when threatened with the intervention of the regulator,
will become a lot more co-operative.

Old January 23rd 05, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , The Man Himself
writes

[...]

Thank you all, you are fabulous and definitely seem to be on-side,
simply great thank you.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old January 23rd 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I have been trying to make direct contact with a "human person" in
OneTel to take issue with them about land line billing charges and then
cancel my contract with them.
I would be most grateful if someone could give me a telephone number
which would get results for me.

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/company_search.php

....lists 7* 0800 numbers, including head office

Old January 23rd 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Colin
Wilson writes
I have been trying to make direct contact with a "human person" in
OneTel to take issue with them about land line billing charges and then
cancel my contract with them.
I would be most grateful if someone could give me a telephone number
which would get results for me.

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/company_search.php

...lists 7* 0800 numbers, including head office

Thank you Colin, unfortunately that website won't open for me and
promptly crashes my machine in that it won't let me cancel the half
opened web page. Instead I have to reboot, never mind, not your fault.
Kind regards,
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old January 23rd 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/company_search.php
...lists 7* 0800 numbers, including head office

Thank you Colin, unfortunately that website won't open for me and
promptly crashes my machine in that it won't let me cancel the half
opened web page. Instead I have to reboot, never mind, not your fault.

I`ll try to paste them in some sort of order below :-}

Normal no Geographical, and Alternative numbers where available
--------- -----------------------------------------------------
0207 1819777 0800 9570916
0207 1819800 (Head Office Fax)

0800 9570000 Sales: most lines 0800 9570900 thru -0949
Broadband Sales - 0800 9570555

0845 8188000 0207 1819966 0800 9570700
Customer services; also 0800 9570934

0845 8181100 0800 9571100 Mobile Customer services
0845 8188179 01851 777700 Internet Support

Old January 23rd 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Try this
0207 1818118 0800 9570700 Customer Services; also 0207 1819630 &
1819966
OneTel 0845 8188000 0207 1819966 0800 9570700 Customer
services; also 0800 9570934
OneTel 0845 8181100 0800 9571100 Mobile Customer services
OneTel 0845 8188179 01851 777700

--
Peter Crosland

Old January 24th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Out of interest, what were your problems? I'm considering switching to them
for landline and ADSL, mainly because I've used them for 7 years for cheap
US calls.

Cheers,
Paul DS.