Problems with Bloomsbury (London) exchange?

Old January 23rd 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.net.providers.aaisp,uk.net.providers,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
Kieron

Default Problems with Bloomsbury (London) exchange?

Hi there,

I'm on Bulldog's 4Mb LLU ADSL service in central London which has been
up and down all weekend - it goes up for a minute or two then goes down
for 3 or 4.

This pattern has been occuring since about 9am on Saturday, and indeed
occurred all last Saturday for around 24 hours as well, making the
service completely unusable.

Bulldog support merely say that BT engineers are working on it at the
exchange, but I can't believe even BT are that bad? I thought the whole
point with LLU was that no BT equipment was involved, or am I
oversimplifying things?

Does anyone know if there is a known problem at the Bloomsbury exchange,
or are Bulldog just being unbelievably poor? There is no information on
their status web page or phone line, just something about Bermondsey
being down.

Thanks,

Kieron

PS I am normally an AAISP user, and am forced to use this Bulldog
connection due to circumstance. I'd forgotten how utterly frustrating
it is to be kept in the dark when there is a problem.