Wanadoo ADSL Outage Sunday Evening 23rd Jan

Old January 23rd 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

Default Wanadoo ADSL Outage Sunday Evening 23rd Jan

Anyone else experience an outage of around 1 hour this evening ?

Could not connect to the server at the far end. ADSL on the line was OK.

The Wanadoo recorded service status said that the network was ok.

Did not queue long enough to speak to a human though.

Old January 23rd 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Tony Doherty" wrote in message
Anyone else experience an outage of around 1 hour this evening ?

Could not connect to the server at the far end. ADSL on the line was OK.

The Wanadoo recorded service status said that the network was ok.

Did not queue long enough to speak to a human though.

Where are you located..? What time was it out..? No problems here in the
West Midlands.

Are you using a router..? Sometimes I've known this happen if the router
locks up, a reboot usually cures it.

Ivor

Old January 23rd 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Tony Doherty" wrote in message
Anyone else experience an outage of around 1 hour this evening ?

Could not connect to the server at the far end. ADSL on the line was OK.

The Wanadoo recorded service status said that the network was ok.

Did not queue long enough to speak to a human though.

Where are you located..? What time was it out..? No problems here in the
West Midlands.

Are you using a router..? Sometimes I've known this happen if the router
locks up, a reboot usually cures it.

Ivor

I am connected to the Hamilton BT exchange in central Scotland

I could not connect from 1715hrs to just before 1900hrs

Definitely was not my router as I cycled it several times. I also connected
my Speedtouch USB modem and it reported the same problem.

Old January 23rd 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Tony Doherty" wrote in message
Anyone else experience an outage of around 1 hour this evening ?

Could not connect to the server at the far end. ADSL on the line was

OK.

The Wanadoo recorded service status said that the network was ok.

Did not queue long enough to speak to a human though.

Where are you located..? What time was it out..? No problems here in the
West Midlands.

Are you using a router..? Sometimes I've known this happen if the router
locks up, a reboot usually cures it.

Ivor

I am connected to the Hamilton BT exchange in central Scotland

I could not connect from 1715hrs to just before 1900hrs

Definitely was not my router as I cycled it several times. I also

connected
my Speedtouch USB modem and it reported the same problem.

Connection is up and down every half hour since 1900hrs

Finally got through to Wanadoo. They know of no general problems but will
perform a test on my line. I have to call them back tomorrow to find out the
results.

A bit one sided from the customer's point of view!!!!

Old January 23rd 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Tony Doherty wrote:

Snipped Text

Finally got through to Wanadoo. They know of no general problems but will
perform a test on my line. I have to call them back tomorrow to find out the
results.

A bit one sided from the customer's point of view!!!!

Why?

Sounds like a localised issue to me, all Ok here in Durham.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old January 23rd 05, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

"Andy Hewitt" wrote in message
t...
Tony Doherty wrote:

Snipped Text

Finally got through to Wanadoo. They know of no general problems but

will
perform a test on my line. I have to call them back tomorrow to find out

the
results.

A bit one sided from the customer's point of view!!!!

Why?

Sounds like a localised issue to me, all Ok here in Durham.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...itts/index.htm

In my opinion, good customer service would be to perform a line test and
offer to relay information about the results by email or telephone to the
customer.

Old January 23rd 05, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Tony Doherty wrote:

Snipped Text

In my opinion, good customer service would be to perform a line test and
offer to relay information about the results by email or telephone to the
customer.

That's fair enough.

Old January 24th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

See http://www.btopenworld.com/business/help/sstatus/bb
Old January 24th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Doherty

wrote in message
. uk...
Tony Doherty wrote:

I am connected to the Hamilton BT exchange in central Scotland

See http://www.btopenworld.com/business/help/sstatus/bb

Problem in the Hamilton area
We are aware of a problem in the Hamilton (01698) area which may prevent
customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve
the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Cheers my friend, that explains it. I will save this URL in my favourites
list for future reference.
I knew that my setup was OK. One would think that Wanadoo Customer services
would have this webpage or similar BT alerts at their fingertips since they
are a major customer of BT Wholesale!!!