ADSL Migration

Old January 23rd 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default ADSL Migration

I plan to migrate from BT Yahoo ADSL to Pipex ADSL.

What will happen to my BT Openworld email account, can I still use this or
will it be lost once I migrate to Pipex?

Old January 23rd 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Mike wrote:
I plan to migrate from BT Yahoo ADSL to Pipex ADSL.

What will happen to my BT Openworld email account, can I still use this or
will it be lost once I migrate to Pipex?

Your account will likely be downgraded to Pay as you go (check with the
saves team). From there, you can either dial in for a few minutes every
30 days, or use one of their mail packages (basic mail [webmail only] is
free) - http://www.btyahoo.com/mail/

Hope this helps.
Old January 24th 05, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pedge

Martyn Dewar
wrote in :

Mike wrote:
I plan to migrate from BT Yahoo ADSL to Pipex ADSL.

What will happen to my BT Openworld email account, can I still use
this or will it be lost once I migrate to Pipex?

Your account will likely be downgraded to Pay as you go (check with
the saves team). From there, you can either dial in for a few minutes
every 30 days, or use one of their mail packages (basic mail [webmail
only] is free) - http://www.btyahoo.com/mail/

Hope this helps.

You can downgrade to the Pay As You Go service and keep your email
account. I done this 3 years ago when I moved to Pipex. I'm still using
BT's Incoming POP3 mail server but to send using the same account I use
Pipex's SMTP server.

If you have MS Outlook you can configure it to use:
- POP3 (incoming): mail.btinternet.com
and
- SMTP (outgoing): smtp.dsl.pipex.com

Has been working for me ever since and never had any problems. You may
occasionaly get an email from BT saying that there has been no activity
from you dialling into their dial up servers and they will deactivate
your account within 30days. Just dial in once in a while and you'll be
safe. The last time I got this mail was over 18months ago and haven't
dialled in since.
Old January 24th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Pedge" wrote in message
Martyn Dewar
wrote in :

Mike wrote:
I plan to migrate from BT Yahoo ADSL to Pipex ADSL.

What will happen to my BT Openworld email account, can I still use
this or will it be lost once I migrate to Pipex?

Your account will likely be downgraded to Pay as you go (check with
the saves team). From there, you can either dial in for a few minutes
every 30 days, or use one of their mail packages (basic mail [webmail
only] is free) - http://www.btyahoo.com/mail/

Hope this helps.

You can downgrade to the Pay As You Go service and keep your email
account. I done this 3 years ago when I moved to Pipex. I'm still using
BT's Incoming POP3 mail server but to send using the same account I use
Pipex's SMTP server.

I suggest that you ask in btinternet.support or btopenworld.broadband.support.
What I know is that BT changed the procedure for people who migrate from BT
Anytime dialup.

--

Michael Chare

..