Sagem 800 problem with broadband and ISP

Old January 25th 05, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gram

Default Sagem 800 problem with broadband and ISP

I am running Red Hat 9 using a USB broad band Modem ( using Tiscali as My
ISP)

I have followed the instruction in order to connect to ISP and I am having
problems.

I have installed the driver and it worked- ifconfig -a indicated ad modem
was there under network interfaces.

I edited the adiusbbadsl.conf file ( /etc/analog/) and set
"Encapsulation=00000006" ( My ISP uses PPPOA VCMUX )

I also provided "VPI=00000000"
"VCI=00000026"

Which are the correct hex numbers translated from 0,38.

I also edited the chap secrets and Pap secrets with;

Username * Password

And the Options file;

"username"

I have started the connection and it seems to connect as I have a pppo
interface listed in ifconfig -a

If I ping the ISP Primary dns I get network unreachable. I used to get a
ping back before I removed the network card from the PC, but since this is a
USB and not ethernet modem it should not matter. and anyway the NIC was not
connected to anything.

anyone have any ideas?

Old January 25th 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article ,
gram wrote:
I have started the connection and it seems to connect as I have a pppo
interface listed in ifconfig -a

Can you post results of "ifconfig pppo" and "route -v"?

Have you tried manually running dhclient or dhcpcd?

Anything in the messages file or dhcp client logs?

Zane.