Belkin F5D7630uk4A Wireless Router/Modem Undocumented Pages

Old January 25th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rincage

Default Belkin F5D7630uk4A Wireless Router/Modem Undocumented Pages

Found this site

http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/belkinadsl/

Which lists a number of undocumented pages. Specifically I'm interested
in the following link, which seems to let you use both WPA and WEP

http://192.168.2.1/wireless_e.stm

This would solve my problem of using WinXP and Windows 2000 where WPA is
not supported.

Anyone know if this really works?

--

Regards
James

Remove the obvious bit of the domain name to reply personally
Old January 25th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AndMart

In article , usenet_9329
@takemeaway.rincage.com says...
Found this site

http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/belkinadsl/

Which lists a number of undocumented pages. Specifically I'm interested
in the following link, which seems to let you use both WPA and WEP

http://192.168.2.1/wireless_e.stm

This would solve my problem of using WinXP and Windows 2000 where WPA is
not supported.

Anyone know if this really works?

If it doesn't work them WSC offer a free add-on for W2K that will let
you use WPA

http://www.wirelesssecuritycorp.com/...PAAssistant.do

HTH
Andrew
Old January 25th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rincage

AndMart wrote:
In article , usenet_9329
@takemeaway.rincage.com says...

Found this site

http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/belkinadsl/

Which lists a number of undocumented pages. Specifically I'm interested
in the following link, which seems to let you use both WPA and WEP

http://192.168.2.1/wireless_e.stm

This would solve my problem of using WinXP and Windows 2000 where WPA is
not supported.

Anyone know if this really works?

If it doesn't work them WSC offer a free add-on for W2K that will let
you use WPA

http://www.wirelesssecuritycorp.com/...PAAssistant.do

HTH
Andrew

I've tried that little utility and it crashed my work laptop. Wouldn't
even boot. How embaressed did I look when I went to the IT people for help.

Anyhow, I've updated the Belkin router with the SMC bios and it works a
treat. May more options that the latest Belkin firmware.