Zen

Old January 25th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Zen

More changes to Plusnet mean I may well be looking at transferring out.
I've heard Zen are quite good? Are they?
What is their news service like?
Old January 25th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Kennaway

wrote:
More changes to Plusnet mean I may well be looking at transferring out.
I've heard Zen are quite good? Are they?
What is their news service like?

I'm with another ISP, but I've been considering moving to Zen, and I'd
be interested in knowing this as well. They get good ratings at
ADSLGuide, but they're 34.99 pounds (inc. VAT) a month for 1Mb
broadband, which is 7 pounds more than I'm paying at present.

-- Richard Kennaway
Old January 25th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Seuss

I've heard Zen are quite good? Are they?

yes
Old January 25th 05, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 25-Jan-2005, Paul Hutchings wrote:

I'm with another ISP, but I've been considering moving to Zen, and I'd
be interested in knowing this as well. They get good ratings at
ADSLGuide, but they're 34.99 pounds (inc. VAT) a month for 1Mb
broadband, which is 7 pounds more than I'm paying at present.

I use them and they're good.

I never know how you quantify how good an ISP is, I tend to do "normal"
web stuff and download usenet binaries and have found their in-house
news server very good, I think binary retention is about seven days, and
based on what I've downloaded completion is very very good.

I keep an eye on other ISPs as Zen have never been the cheapest, so far
I don't see anyone that tempts me to move for the sake of a fiver a
month.

Only one that tempts me right now is Metronet, they seem really well
regarded and their tech staff seem clued up based on the ADSLGuide forum.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
I have applied for a MAC code. I do hope their usenet is as good as you
mention as I do use that sort of service.
I thought it was cheaper but suddenly realised they show that ex-vat?
Old January 25th 05, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BIGEYE

Read postings on plusnet.service.customer-feedback
I think what they intend to do is to move 'heavy users' of Usenet onto a
slower connection. 15 Gig per month is the limit. The usage covers both
binaries & text NG's.
FWIW their Usenet server is very unreliable.
I submitted my MAC code to Zen tonight, based on ADSLguide and what other
Usenet users have said.
Been with PN for a couple of years and I don't use binaries much at all, yet
I exceed 15 G every month.
Why should I now pay for a restricted service?

"Pedge" wrote in message
wrote in news:[email protected]
reader03.plus.net:

More changes to Plusnet mean I may well be looking at transferring out.
I've heard Zen are quite good? Are they?
What is their news service like?

I've just come off from Pipex to Plusnet. What changes are being made? I'm
a bit concerned now.

Old January 25th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pedge

"BIGEYE" wrote in
:

"Pedge" wrote in message
wrote in news:[email protected]
reader03.plus.net:

More changes to Plusnet mean I may well be looking at transferring
out. I've heard Zen are quite good? Are they?
What is their news service like?

I've just come off from Pipex to Plusnet. What changes are being
made? I'm a bit concerned now.

****. That's not good as I tend to VPN into my machine from work. Luckily
I never signed for a year so if it gets bad then i'm moving again.