Haggle over your BB connection

Old January 26th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Default Haggle over your BB connection

Wednesday 26 January 2005, 06:59:10
United Kingdom
Written by Net 4 Nowt

It seems that competition amongst broadband ISPs is hotting up,
with some suppliers offering to do a deal in order to retain customers.

One Net4Nowt reader has advised that when he contacted his provider
to cancel his contract he was asked the reason for my proposed
cancellation. When he told his ISP he was switching to a cheaper
service he was asked "which ISP and what price".

Upon providing the information he was told to hang on while the
customer service operator went to "haggle a price" for me with the
supervisor.

The result was a price match with the cheaper provider.

Any customer considering changing broadband provider may find
haggling could produce a worthwhile result by saving money and the
hassle of switching providers.

Old January 27th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CGA

"six-toes" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

When i phoned up to get a MAC from BTYahoo, they immediately offered me 1meg
for same price as 512k with no uprade fee.