25% off BT Openworld if you call to cancel

Old January 28th 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dundonald

Default 25% off BT Openworld if you call to cancel

FYI

I have 1MB broadband with BT Openworld. I already have my telephone
calls with Talk Talk so I decided to move my broadband to Talk Talk for
an additional 19.99 per month on top of my level 3 talk talk package
for 1MB. I called BT Openworld cancellations on 0800 085 2819 and
requested my MAC number. They offered 25% discount for the next 4
months and advised that BT are soon to announce cheaper broadband
packages, most likely within the next couple weeks. 25% discount for
1MB equates to 22.05 a month. I accepted the discount for the time
being. However I may call up and cancel anyway as talk talk has no
restriction on downloads per month, although that doesn't make too much
difference to me. But at least for the time being I've knocked 8 off
my bill.

Old January 28th 05, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

I've read rumours that the BT model is going to move to "pay per use" i.e.
everyone gets a fast connection but you pay for "less restriction". Might
be good for some, or not!

Paul DS.