eTec wireless modem/router and BT Broadband

Old January 28th 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lotusland

Default eTec wireless modem/router and BT Broadband

I'm trying to add a wireless network to share my BT Broadband
connection with another PC in the house and have got an eTec wireless
modem and router.

Can't for the life of me get it to connect to BT successfully. Although
my previous USB Voyager modem works fine I'm stumped. I'm using the USB
connection (I have no ethernet card) and I've put my username into the
configuration (no password required) and the pc is getting an ip of
10.0.0.13, with the router being 10.0.02. eTec drivers have been
intsalled and the old usb modem software uninstalled.

I've checked with a few sites and the conexant-based settings seem ok -
set XP to never dial a connection, set ip to be got automatically etc.
There's no place I can see to put the 0,38 number the old modem
required, but I won't need to put that in now will I?

Has anyone used this router and can share what the right settings might
be? I've seen a few related websites featuring configs for this modem
and all my settings look ok so I'm stumped.

Cheers

Dave