Cameras

Old January 29th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Cameras

Somewhat off topic so please excuse me but up to now I have been
persuaded that the best Digital camera was an SLR Digital. A friend
tells me that provided you don't want to change lenses you don't need an
SLR, if so, which cameras would you buy right now.
Can someone comment on that please, thank you.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old January 29th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"Derrick Fawsitt" wrote in message
Somewhat off topic so please excuse me but up to now I have been persuaded
that the best Digital camera was an SLR Digital. A friend tells me that
provided you don't want to change lenses you don't need an SLR, if so,
which cameras would you buy right now.
Can someone comment on that please, thank you.

Most decent digcams have at least a 3x optical zoom so you can probably get
away without buying an SLR.

As with all of this sort of kit your top priority is the quality of the
optics which get the image onto the CCD. From my researches you can't beat
Canon or Fuji.

Old January 30th 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Derrick Fawsitt wrote:
Somewhat off topic so please excuse me but up to now I have been
persuaded that the best Digital camera was an SLR Digital. A friend
tells me that provided you don't want to change lenses you don't need an
SLR, if so, which cameras would you buy right now.
Can someone comment on that please, thank you.

You might better off asking on uk.rec.video.digital

--
Regards

David G
(remove r u n)
Old February 4th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Dave

Why not look here, lots of reviews

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

You may find some models have different names for the USA, but you can
usually find out.

I think it depends how much control you want as to whether or not you
want a digital SLR camera. There is quite a choice of non SLR cameras
with upto x12 optical zoom.

Andy

Old February 6th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:05:58 +0000, Derrick Fawsitt
wrote:

Somewhat off topic so please excuse me but up to now I have been
persuaded that the best Digital camera was an SLR Digital. A friend
tells me that provided you don't want to change lenses you don't need an
SLR, if so, which cameras would you buy right now.
Can someone comment on that please, thank you.

Depends on what you want to take photos of. I have a MinoltaKonica Z2,
superceded by the Z3. Cracking bit if kit: 10x optical zoom, 640x480
30 fps video with audio, Z3 has anti-shake.

Only downside is that it records video in MOV.
--
Cheers,

Guy