Tiscali BB 'found' on my line...

Old January 30th 05, 01:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali BB 'found' on my line...

Can someone perhaps direct me as the best way to deal with this.

I am trying to get BB installed for a member of my family, I went through
the ISP's sign-up at which point it told me there was *already* bb active on
the line.

I called up BT who confirmed.

The member of family has never ordered bb and has never requested a 'trial'
or anything like that. They don't get any bills, and there's nothing odd on
the BT bills.

After much digging around BT say they found an order from Tiscali for Dec
19th 2002 they have no record of commissioning or mid screen comments.

After talking to a lot of useless phone numbers at Tiscali I was eventually
told I need to call back Monday and talk to the disconnection dept. and ask
for a service that was never connected to be err disconnected...

Tiscali have no record of the CLI for that line, and no order or payment
against that line, or any record of the BT order.

If they say they will remove it, any ideas how long it will take, if not
even though I'm not a customer of there's can I migrate from them to my
chosen ISP ? and will they be helpful about it all ?

BT Aren't interested, as they didn't install the service, and BTWS have said
the same.

Suggestions please...

Thanks

Old January 30th 05, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert Kruiswijk

You can try and post this on the Tiscali website, orange heading members,
forums, broadband services. From experience the CS are quite helpful, saves
you money calling Tiscali.

Bert.

Old January 30th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Bert Kruiswijk" wrote in message
You can try and post this on the Tiscali website, orange heading members,
forums, broadband services. From experience the CS are quite helpful,

saves
you money calling Tiscali.

I don't have a tiscali user/pass since I'm not a customer, and I'm not
paying them just to post to there forums...

any other ideas, or anyone who is already a tiscali user that would be kind
enough to forward this port onto the forum for me.

Thanks

Old January 30th 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

In article , Q
says...

BT Aren't interested, as they didn't install the service, and BTWS have said
the same.

Suggestions please...

Create a free pay as you go 0845 dialup account. Use the
username/password details for that on the ADSL connection. Dial in on
the 0845 number briefly once every 30 days.

Stuff em. If they can't be bothered to sort it out then fleece them.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
Old January 30th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Q [email protected] wrote:
Can someone perhaps direct me as the best way to deal with this.

I am trying to get BB installed for a member of my family, I went through
the ISP's sign-up at which point it told me there was *already* bb active on
the line.

I called up BT who confirmed.

Have you attempted to connect a ADSL modem up to the line, and see if it's
in fact active?
Old January 30th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Conor wrote in
:

Create a free pay as you go 0845 dialup account. Use the
username/password details for that on the ADSL connection. Dial in on
the 0845 number briefly once every 30 days.

Do you know that will work? From my experience of ISPs they work in a
component based way. ADSL dial will be added to an account only if it is
an account of ADSL type.

--
Colin
Old January 30th 05, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Q [email protected] wrote:
Can someone perhaps direct me as the best way to deal with this.

I am trying to get BB installed for a member of my family, I went

through
the ISP's sign-up at which point it told me there was *already* bb

active on
the line.

I called up BT who confirmed.

Have you attempted to connect a ADSL modem up to the line, and see if it's
in fact active?

I haven't been able too no, there's not even a computer yet at the location,
and I only have a router I could take down anyway, but that would mean down
time.

As to the comment about set up a dial free account and use it on the bb -
this normally wont work. bb is usually tied into the cli and user details.

since we have never been a customer....

Old January 31st 05, 06:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert Kruiswijk

I have no problems in posting it for you on their forum. Send me an email
with the text you want me to post, so that I can cut and paste.
I will post it for you tonight.

Old January 31st 05, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Bert Kruiswijk" wrote in message
I have no problems in posting it for you on their forum. Send me an email
with the text you want me to post, so that I can cut and paste.
I will post it for you tonight.

Thanks,

You have email!