Which ADSL modem/router?

Old January 30th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bossk

Default Which ADSL modem/router?

A question someone more learned may answer-

I've been very happy with my Solwise SAR-110 for the last 18 months,
but now it's being a touch flaky. After a random period of inactivity
(and also during internet radio), I lose my internet xonnection. The
web interface says I'm still connected and all is well, but nothing
comes through until a refresh of my PPP interface. I've just migrated
to Metronet from Zen (which had no problems whatsoever),

Anyway, can anybody give me a recommendatio on a reliable new ADSL
modem/router with flexible NAT rules, DHCP server, decent firewall,
uPNP, and any other features I don't know that I should have? I
already have a 4-port switch.

TIA,

RH
Old January 31st 05, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Pearce

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:13:18 +0000, Bossk
wrote:

A question someone more learned may answer-

I've been very happy with my Solwise SAR-110 for the last 18 months,
but now it's being a touch flaky. After a random period of inactivity
(and also during internet radio), I lose my internet xonnection. The
web interface says I'm still connected and all is well, but nothing
comes through until a refresh of my PPP interface. I've just migrated
to Metronet from Zen (which had no problems whatsoever),

Anyway, can anybody give me a recommendatio on a reliable new ADSL
modem/router with flexible NAT rules, DHCP server, decent firewall,
uPNP, and any other features I don't know that I should have? I
already have a 4-port switch.

I replaced my SAR-130 with a USRobotics 9003, it's been rock solid. I
don't believe it supports uPnP however.

Old January 31st 05, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Bossk wrote:
A question someone more learned may answer-

I've been very happy with my Solwise SAR-110 for the last 18 months,
but now it's being a touch flaky. After a random period of inactivity
(and also during internet radio), I lose my internet xonnection. The
web interface says I'm still connected and all is well, but nothing
comes through until a refresh of my PPP interface. I've just migrated
to Metronet from Zen (which had no problems whatsoever),

Anyway, can anybody give me a recommendatio on a reliable new ADSL
modem/router with flexible NAT rules, DHCP server, decent firewall,
uPNP, and any other features I don't know that I should have? I
already have a 4-port switch.

TIA,

RH

I like the Vigor 2600, you might not like the price though
Old January 31st 05, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I second the Vigor 2600, mine hasn't missed a bit for 20 months.
You may want to consider the 2600V with two VoIP ports, it will pay for
itself in a long run.
Regards,
Martin

Old January 31st 05, 05:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

I got a Safecom 4110 from Ebuyer for £22 with free P&P, seem a popular
and good modem/router. Theres a very good forum about them as well
http://safecom.cn/code/

Seconded

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old February 11th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bossk

I see your point, the 2600+ does seem to be a pretty good item. Twice
the price of my old 110 though!
I've read some reviews at ADSLGuide, and wondered if anybody had had
any experiences good or bad with the Belkin F5D7630-4A
(http://www.adslguide.org/hardware/re...d7630-4a.asp)?

It seems a pretty good machine..... (waits for it)

RH