Broadband usage

Old January 31st 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Penn

Default Broadband usage

I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan
Old January 31st 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"Alan Penn" wrote in message
news
I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.

Look for DUMeter - works fine.

Old February 1st 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Alan Penn" wrote in message
news
I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan

Some routers record this information for you.

--

Michael Chare

Old February 1st 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Alan Penn wrote:

I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service providers?
Old February 2nd 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Penn

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:46:54 GMT, 7
wrote:

Alan Penn wrote:

I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service providers?

Thanks for your constructive reply, I am on an unlimited service,
just wanted to know out of curiosity.
Regards Alan
Old February 2nd 05, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

wrote:

Alan Penn wrote:

I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service providers?

Thanks for your constructive reply, I am on an unlimited service,
just wanted to know out of curiosity.
Regards Alan

Alan
'DUMeter' is supposed to be able to do this:
http://www.dumeter.com/

I tried it a few days ago but found it a bit confusing :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Old February 2nd 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Texy

Is monitoring actually taking place now ? - I,m new to BB and have a 2GB
limit.
I understand that usuage was not being monitiored initially.
I,m with Tiscali.
Thanks to this thread I,ll checkout DUMeter.

Cheers,
Texy

Old February 2nd 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
evangelical_bob

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service pro*viders?

Well 7, there is probably about it, you definately are an idiot.

Alan, is it a USB modem or a ethernet modem you are using? If an
ethernet modem then yes, there is probably a network statistics tab on
the web configuration pages. If it's a USB modem then download a
internet usage monitor.

Old February 2nd 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rambling Sid

On 2 Feb 2005 08:28:48 -0800, "evangelical_bob"
wrote:

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service pro*viders?

Well 7, there is probably about it, you definately are an idiot.

Alan, is it a USB modem or a ethernet modem you are using? If an
ethernet modem then yes, there is probably a network statistics tab on
the web configuration pages. If it's a USB modem then download a
internet usage monitor.

I am _Extremely_ pleased with DU meter from Hagel technologies.
It provides instantaneous up- and download rates, also daily, weekly
and monthly totals and audible warnings when weekly or monthly limits
are reached. As far as I can see, the monthly and weekly totals agree
closely with the 'view your usage' data from my ISP.
Old February 3rd 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Penn

k wrote:

Alan Penn wrote:

I am with Demon and would like to check my usage both download and up
load. Could anyone where I can do this.
Regards Alan

You are probably an idiot. Why not get unlimited service providers?

Thanks for your constructive reply, I am on an unlimited service,
just wanted to know out of curiosity.
Regards Alan

Alan
'DUMeter' is supposed to be able to do this:
http://www.dumeter.com/

I tried it a few days ago but found it a bit confusing :-)

I am trying out DUmeter now and it seems to do what I want.
Regards Alan