Onetel

Old January 31st 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Pollard

Default Onetel

Hi
I can now, from today, have broadband. I get my telephone
service from Onetel and was wondering if anyone has any experience of
their broadband performance. I live out in the sticks and am around 7k
from the telephone exchange. A check at the BT site says I can have up
to 512 Mbs but just want a speed increase to give faster page loading
and quicker software downloads. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Ian

--
Ian Pollard//Wooler//Northumberland//UK

Old January 31st 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

As me in about a month. My 512kBps goes live on Friday.

Paul DS

Old January 31st 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ian Pollard:
Hi
I can now, from today, have broadband. I get my telephone
service from Onetel and was wondering if anyone has any experience of
their broadband performance. I live out in the sticks and am around 7k
from the telephone exchange. A check at the BT site says I can have up
to 512 Mbs but just want a speed increase to give faster page loading
and quicker software downloads. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Ian

There seems to be quite a few people not happy with OneTel of late.

Might be worth checking out www.adslguide.org

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
Free Calendar: http://www.bextech.me.uk/calendar

Old January 31st 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message

There seems to be quite a few people not happy with OneTel of late.

I use them for isdn, and they're OK, but the customer 'service' is awful.

--

J B

Old January 31st 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
Hi
I can now, from today, have broadband. I get my telephone
service from Onetel and was wondering if anyone has any experience of
their broadband performance. I live out in the sticks and am around 7k
from the telephone exchange. A check at the BT site says I can have up
to 512 Mbs but just want a speed increase to give faster page loading
and quicker software downloads. Any recommendations would be welcome.

A couple of the lads at work both use Onetel, as you do, they have no
problems that's they've mentioned. Mond you, they've both only signed up
recently and definitely aren't out in the sticks ;-)

P.

Old January 31st 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Ian Pollard wrote:
Hi
I can now, from today, have broadband. I get my telephone
service from Onetel and was wondering if anyone has any experience of
their broadband performance. I live out in the sticks and am around

7k
from the telephone exchange. A check at the BT site says I can have

up
to 512 Mbs but just want a speed increase to give faster page loading
and quicker software downloads. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Ian

--
Ian Pollard//Wooler//Northumberland//UK

i am with onetel dialup and their service STINKS bigtime , it never
used to be like this so i presume they are overstretching themselves .
dropped lines are bad and the mail server is very unreliable ,plus
their support is in India . when you have a problem you have to speak
to a curry basher and the
room for misinterpretation is there .
so i would not reccomend onetel for BB as they cant even get their
dialup working reliably !

Old February 1st 05, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I have been a OneTel phone customer for long time, also have PAYG internet
access as a backup,
but I would no longer recommend them since Centrica took over ( and I am a
shareholder).
There are billing problems, multitude of confusing tariffs, poor customer
service.
On the internet side their email servers are temperamental and news servers
just useless.

My broadband SP is PlusNet.
At £14.99 for 1mb/s with 1Gb should suit most people, additional Gb is £2.
PlusNet has won the best consumer ISP and best consumer service awards just
recently.
Yes, they had a 3 day email outage, but other than my service over 20
months was faultless.
If you decide to go with PlusNet please use 'jerryw' as a referrer and save
me 25p, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old February 1st 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Martin² wrote:

I have been a OneTel phone customer for long time, also have PAYG internet
access as a backup,
but I would no longer recommend them since Centrica took over ( and I am a
shareholder).
There are billing problems, multitude of confusing tariffs, poor customer
service.
On the internet side their email servers are temperamental and news
servers just useless.

My broadband SP is PlusNet.
At £14.99 for 1mb/s with 1Gb should suit most people, additional Gb is £2.

Who is this person called 'most people'?

You have to be a total idiot to restrict what you do
with broadband and keep looking over your shoulders
all the time to see if you are over somebody's limit.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

7 (WTF ?):
Who is this person called 'most people'?

Did you fail English comprehension by any chance ?

You have to be a total idiot to restrict what you do
with broadband and keep looking over your shoulders
all the time to see if you are over somebody's limit.

Wouldn't you be an idiot to pay for 'unlimited' bandwidth if all you need is
1 or 2 Gb ?
No regards,
Martin

Old February 2nd 05, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Martin² wrote:
7 (WTF ?):
Who is this person called 'most people'?

Did you fail English comprehension by any chance ?

You have to be a total idiot to restrict what you do
with broadband and keep looking over your shoulders
all the time to see if you are over somebody's limit.

Wouldn't you be an idiot to pay for 'unlimited' bandwidth if all you
need is 1 or 2 Gb ?

Yes you would, what is the point of a 1 GB connection if you can't use it
for most of the time & it wouldn't be difficult at max out at those levels
of capping. you may as well buy cheaper i.e 512 & save yet more money
(it'll take lomger to hit the cap as well)....