2mb broadband for 17.99

Old January 31st 05, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default 2mb broadband for 17.99

www.freenetname.co.uk

Old January 31st 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I.J Jordan

www.freenetname.co.uk

Not one of the more generous ISP's

5.7 If you have selected to receive the MAX Broadband service you will have a
2GB Monthly Usage allowance. Any Monthly Usage that is registered by our
systems above this allowance will be charged at 2 (inc. VAT) per GB (or part
thereof). This charge will appear on your next monthly invoice. You will be
charged for any additional usage, whether you are aware of it or not. You
must therefore ensure that your systems are secure and do not allow access to
any unauthorised users. Wireless networks must be secured.

IanJ

--

Please Put out "The Fire" to reply via e-mail

Old January 31st 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"I.J Jordan" wrote in message
et...
www.freenetname.co.uk

Not one of the more generous ISP's

5.7 If you have selected to receive the MAX Broadband service you will
have a
2GB Monthly Usage allowance. Any Monthly Usage that is registered by our
systems above this allowance will be charged at 2 (inc. VAT) per GB (or
part
thereof). This charge will appear on your next monthly invoice. You will
be
charged for any additional usage, whether you are aware of it or not.
You
must therefore ensure that your systems are secure and do not allow
access to
any unauthorised users. Wireless networks must be secured.

It still compares favourably with Wanadoo, which is the same price for a
2GB cap but only 1M/bit (not MB please..!)

I tend to use between 2 and 3 GB a month so I had to go for the 6GB cap at
22.99 - with the service described, 3GB would cost me 17.99 + 2.00 for
the extra 1GB making a total of 19.99 - a saving of 3.00 per month plus
I'd get double the speed. Worth considering.

Ivor

Old January 31st 05, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete.

And try not to use the free net name (a .co.uk) they close you down for
anything, regardless of weather it's legal or not!

Old January 31st 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

I think they actually give you a free UK domain name on the basis that you
either dial them regularly or take a paid for product. This domain gets
suspended if you don't pay or stop dialling them which seems reasonable to
me.

Old January 31st 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gonzo

"Steve" wrote in message
I think they actually give you a free UK domain name on the basis that you
either dial them regularly or take a paid for product. This domain gets
suspended if you don't pay or stop dialling them which seems reasonable to
me.

ahh yes one of my sites was originally done with their domain name. it was
updated regularly, you could only ever update it if you logged into
freenetname. they then shut the site down saying that it wasnt being updated
every 90 days when it was updated every couple. ended up buying the same
..com for about 5 dollars and they sold the .co.uk one to a websquatter.
cheers
james

Old February 1st 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
M Joyce

lol, I seam to be using anything from 500MB to 2GB per day, must be
listening to much to many streaming radio stations!

Only have 512Kbs using talk talk 19.99 with no limits not as fast but with
how much I transfer I imagine anything faster would be stupidly expensive or
far to low limit.