Which? Broadband report - PlusNet

Old February 1st 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

Default Which? Broadband report - PlusNet

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:00:43 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

Which? magazine have just done a report on broadband ISPs.
They rated PlusNet first, then Demon & Pipex as Best Buys.

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

"PlusNet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing well in almost
all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer and technical
support. Its 512 kilobits per second (Kbps) service costs 14.99 a month,
with a usage allowance of 1 gigabyte (GB) a month; its uncapped package
costs 21.99 a month."
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old February 1st 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:45:10 -0000, Tx2
wrote:

In article , JC johncalias-
newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk, a.k.a says...

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:00:43 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

Which? magazine have just done a report on broadband ISPs.
They rated PlusNet first, then Demon & Pipex as Best Buys.

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

And it still is such, so the report was/is accurate at the time of going
to press.

Not in the original context it was used, i.e, recommending an unlimited
replacement for Plusnet (assuming they introduce their caps).

Old February 1st 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:38:49 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

I assume from the double !! that there are some issues with this?

In the context of what it was in response to...Yes!

Old February 1st 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:38:49 UTC, Nigel M wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

I assume from the double !! that there are some issues with this?

The double !! is probably a mistake - along with the apostrophe!

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended. (also known as Gee-axia)]
Old February 1st 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On 1 Feb 2005 13:27:34 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:38:49 UTC, Nigel M wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

I assume from the double !! that there are some issues with this?

The double !! is probably a mistake - along with the apostrophe!

Please enlighten us as to why the apostrophe (signifying possession, as in
Bob's post)...is incorrect!

Old February 1st 05, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

JC wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

I assume from the double !! that there are some issues with this?

The double !! is probably a mistake - along with the apostrophe!

Please enlighten us as to why the apostrophe (signifying possession, as in
Bob's post)...is incorrect!

"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has", the apostrophe marking
the absent letters.

"Its" refers to possession...

http://www.stormloader.com/garyes/its/#top

Old February 1st 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:33:09 +0000, James Hurrell
wrote:

JC wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

And one of the criteria they considered was it's uncapped service!!

I assume from the double !! that there are some issues with this?

The double !! is probably a mistake - along with the apostrophe!

Please enlighten us as to why the apostrophe (signifying possession, as in
Bob's post)...is incorrect!

"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has", the apostrophe marking
the absent letters.

"Its" refers to possession...

http://www.stormloader.com/garyes/its/#top

Fair enough. I'm big enough to admit I was wrong and stand absolutely
corrected.

Now ...how to track down my old English O-Level teacher and give her a damn
good thrashing???

Old February 1st 05, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

JC wrote:

Fair enough. I'm big enough to admit I was wrong and stand absolutely
corrected.

Now ...how to track down my old English O-Level teacher and give her a damn
good thrashing???

She's probably the same person as my lad's teacher. She recently printed
out a sheet of homework tasks, which included the line,

"....please describe there feelings on hearing the news..."

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old February 1st 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:55:36 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

JC wrote:

Fair enough. I'm big enough to admit I was wrong and stand absolutely
corrected.

Now ...how to track down my old English O-Level teacher and give her a damn
good thrashing???

She's probably the same person as my lad's teacher. She recently printed
out a sheet of homework tasks, which included the line,

"....please describe there feelings on hearing the news..."

Cash machine in Halifax where I live:

"This ATM is out of oder".

Hmmm.
Old February 1st 05, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Richard Sobey wrote:

Cash machine in Halifax where I live:

"This ATM is out of oder".

Bottle bank near me:

"This bottle bank is closed intill Friday"