VarTec Online impose automatic disconnect

Old February 1st 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve892

Default VarTec Online impose automatic disconnect

VarTec Online offer what seems to be a very good ADSL deal. 18.75 per
month (inc. VAT) for a 512kbps uncapped connection, with email,
webspace etc.

However, what they don't tell you is that they automatically
disconnect your ADSL broadband connection every 8 hours. They also
apparently disconnect it after 2 hours of inactivity (although I have
not verified this as random traffic always comes in).

This information is NOT mentioned anywhere on their web site or in
their Terms and Conditions. Personally, I am an unhappy new customer
of theirs.