Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem

Old February 1st 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem

How much trouble is this device when used on a modern PC with
an update version of XP ?

AIUI it's very power hungry, so a powered hub is advisable ?

(I'm well aware of the security implications, compared with using a
router)

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old February 1st 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark Carver:
How much trouble is this device when used on a modern PC with
an update version of XP ?

AIUI it's very power hungry, so a powered hub is advisable ?

(I'm well aware of the security implications, compared with using a
router)

No real trouble at all, pretty good on problem lines too.

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
Free Calendar: http://www.bextech.me.uk/calendar

Old February 1st 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex McFarlane

Dear All,
I live in the country and am obliged to use BT as a pstn provider. Our
exchange is an old System "Y" rather than X. It has been found that BT
broadband users cannot use the above modems (as supplied by BT!) on
occasions. The fault typically is a god connection running for 90
seconds before dropping out without the modem showing any loss of
synchronisation. When a fault is raised, they check the exchange and
pass it as OK. They then check the home connection with a BT voyager
modem and pass the home connection as OK, blaming a faulty Speedtouch
330.

The solution is to badger the BT engineer to use the speedtouch on his
own machine at the exchange. Advise him/her to install some up to date
drivers on the BUN card and reset it. Should work OK after that. This
may take you 2-3 months to achieve, it took me 14 weeks!

Have fun

In message , {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
writes
Thus spaketh Mark Carver:

Old March 13th 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
News Reader

Hello,

"Alex McFarlane" wrote in message
news
Dear All,
I live in the country and am obliged to use BT as a pstn provider. Our
exchange is an old System "Y" rather than X. It has been found that BT
broadband users cannot

The solution is to badger the BT engineer to use the speedtouch on his
own machine at the exchange. Advise him/her to install some up to date
drivers on the BUN card and reset it. Should work OK after that. This
may take you 2-3 months to achieve, it took me 14 weeks!

Have fun

Well done and congratulations.

Best wishes,

News Reader