Which? Broadband report - PlusNet

Old February 2nd 05, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

Default Which? Broadband report - PlusNet

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:00:43 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

Which? magazine have just done a report on broadband ISPs.
They rated PlusNet first, then Demon & Pipex as Best Buys.

I'm a member, but you may be able to get some details from
http://www.which.co.uk/

I need a broadband ISP that:

* allows me to send email with a 3rd party email address (such as my
current one)
* has an "uncapped" package at a reasonable price
* is reliable
* manual set-up - doesn't require a CD or download
* has all the legal newsgroups, or a large number

Any thoughts on PlusNet with regard to these?

Depends on whether you really mean uncapped.

As others have said, they are proposing (but haven't yet implemented)
a capping system.

For most people, this should not be any restriction, but if you are
likely to be a very heavy user, it could be.

The rest of what you ask, yes they are good for, IMO.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If I can't fix it, it's probably dead.