LOOKING FOR AN ISP? Stay clear of Nildram!

Old February 2nd 05, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

Default LOOKING FOR AN ISP? Stay clear of Nildram!

If any of you are thinking about looking for a new ISP, please read this on
adslguide.org.uk about Nildram before making your decision:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=nildram

In addition to an overpriced product line, silly charges for real IP's,
declining customer service - Nildram gave it's users 5 days notice on a
third party site that they were closing their usenet server. They cite that
usenet users are an "extremely small, but vocal minority":

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...panded&sb=5&o=

There are a lot of customers who have been with Nildram for many years now
looking to leave. You can make your own call, but Nildram is not the ISP
that it used to be.

Old February 4th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

They haven't closed them, just changed the authentication procedures. You
now have to put your id as instead of just jobloggs,
and they've added similar authentication to the GN mirror, which previously
didn't require it.

This posted through Nildram as above.

"David Bradley" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:19:17 -0000, "Netfool"

wrote:

[netfool's ******** snipped]

Test

And it worked.

Old February 4th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

"David Bradley" wrote in message

It seems to me that Nildram just does not wish their customers to use

newsgroups and therefore
deliberately failed to contact them about the changes made.

When I rang the help desk, they promised to get back to me on why I hadn't
been informed about the changes. The next day I received a mail explaining
that the reason I was not told was that I had unsubscribed from emails from
Nildram.

However the service is no longer the
same as there is a monthly download limited and it appears that even this

has been throttled back to
128kbps irrespective of your nominal download speed.

Where did you get this information? When I rang the service desk, I was
told there was no change in conditions.

Nildram's pricing structure is now somewhat out of step with the

competition with no apparent
benefit for the extra amount you pay, so like many others I am jumping

ship and moving over to Zen.

I too have been looking at other ISPs, but I haven't found one with decent
NGs yet.. Come back to us after a while and let us know what you think of
Zen.

Old February 4th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

"Java Jive" wrote in message

Where did you get this information? When I rang the service desk, I was
told there was no change in conditions.

You're right! I've just rung again and got a different story - 10 Gb:

http://www.nildram.co.uk/support/news.html

Old February 4th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

"David Bradley" wrote in message

Nildram's pricing structure is now somewhat out of step with the
competition with no apparent
benefit for the extra amount you pay, so like many others I am jumping
ship and moving over to Zen.

Many are jumping ship. I have no clue what the management are thinking
about.