Bulldog..you don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression!

Old February 2nd 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

Default Bulldog..you don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression!

In my investigation of alternate BB ISPs, I rang Bulldog's freephone sales
number.

It rang for 30 secs or so and then I got a message "Sorry, the mailbox you
have dialled is full and can not accept any more messages"

Suspecting I had hit an individual user's mailbox, I hung up and re-dialled
......only to get the same message IMMEDIATELY!!

Won't be considering Bulldog then!
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old February 2nd 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:54:19 +0000, JC
johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote:

In my investigation of alternate BB ISPs, I rang Bulldog's freephone sales
number.

It rang for 30 secs or so and then I got a message "Sorry, the mailbox you
have dialled is full and can not accept any more messages"

Suspecting I had hit an individual user's mailbox, I hung up and re-dialled
.....only to get the same message IMMEDIATELY!!

Won't be considering Bulldog then!

Don't normally answer my own posts, but.....

I selected the option to speak to their Business Sales team...answered
first ring...go figure!

Anyway, he said that he had no details of the residential offering, but
took my number and said he would pass it to one of the 30 residential sales
team sitting just in front of him and they would ring me back in 5 minutes
THAT WAS OVER AN HOUR AGO!!

Old February 2nd 05, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerard McGovern

"JC" johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in message

Won't be considering Bulldog then!

Your loss.

Just connected to their 4meg LLU product and it is fantastic. 30 per month
for the next 12 months, 40 per after that. And when you take into account I
don't pay BT 11.75 a month any more, it's damn good value.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mikee

www.adslguide.org.uk look in forums the look for Bulldog
Old February 2nd 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:36:12 -0000, "Gerard McGovern"
wrote:

"JC" johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in message

Won't be considering Bulldog then!

Your loss.

Just connected to their 4meg LLU product and it is fantastic. 30 per month
for the next 12 months, 40 per after that. And when you take into account I
don't pay BT 11.75 a month any more, it's damn good value.

Well, if they can't even get the inbound routing on their sales lines
correct, then I'm probably better off without their telephony service, to
say nothing of what it must be like getting through to their support if
their sales line is that bad!

A somewhat moot point actually, as I'm not on one of their LLU exchanges
yet and would have to connect to their "national network" (BT IP Stream
probably)

Old February 2nd 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

"Gerard McGovern" wrote in message
"JC" johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in message

Won't be considering Bulldog then!

Your loss.

Just connected to their 4meg LLU product and it is fantastic. 30 per

month
for the next 12 months, 40 per after that. And when you take into account

don't pay BT 11.75 a month any more, it's damn good value.

Not when you compare their fees for calls to the US with other vendors. Of
course you may not have an American wife like myself :-).

Paul DS

Old February 2nd 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:58:06 +0000, JC

wrote:

"JC" johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in message

Won't be considering Bulldog then!

Your loss.

Just connected to their 4meg LLU product and it is fantastic. 30 per month
for the next 12 months, 40 per after that. And when you take into account I
don't pay BT 11.75 a month any more, it's damn good value.

Well, if they can't even get the inbound routing on their sales lines
correct, then I'm probably better off without their telephony service, to
say nothing of what it must be like getting through to their support if
their sales line is that bad!

A somewhat moot point actually, as I'm not on one of their LLU exchanges
yet and would have to connect to their "national network" (BT IP Stream
probably)

Well, just got a callback, but the guy didn't know the answer to my
questions (How much web space and do you provide Usenet access???) and put
me through to technical.

So, unlimited downloads *at the moment* ------ Always worries me!
10Mb web space with no Frontpage support
No Usenet

Oh...and technical took 12 mins to answer the phone (just as well they
called me!)

So definitely no Bulldog for me at this time!

Old February 2nd 05, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerard McGovern

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...

Just connected to their 4meg LLU product and it is fantastic. 30 per

month
for the next 12 months, 40 per after that. And when you take into
account

don't pay BT 11.75 a month any more, it's damn good value.

Not when you compare their fees for calls to the US with other vendors.
Of
course you may not have an American wife like myself :-).

I never use the landline so not having to pay for it is a blessing.

Old February 2nd 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:59:10 UTC, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

Not when you compare their fees for calls to the US with other vendors. Of
course you may not have an American wife like myself :-).

I hadn't realised that 1899 were so cheap to the USA until I looked
today...currently 3 pence for unlimited time, any time.
--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended. (also known as Gee-axia)]
Old February 2nd 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Busby

Thus spake Bob Eager:
--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended. (also known as Gee-axia)]

Oi! I have a relative called Dave & is a top geezer Otherwise, ROTFL.
--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!