Opinions on this deal?

Old February 3rd 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BigMomma

Default Opinions on this deal?

Madasafish.com - the ISP that had its "oi, Churchill, noooooo!" TV ad
banned recently - is getting aggressive.

It is offering its brand new 2Mb ADSL for 17.99 a month - with the
first two months for free. The ISP is also chucking in a free modem and
free connection. The 2Mb service comes with a 2GB a month usage allowance.

Boss David Laurie said the offer "demonstrates our commitment to
providing excellent service at unbeatable value for money".

The offer is also available to Madasafish's sister, ISP Freenetname. The
ISPs belong to the Brightview Group, which was established in April 2001
and houses a stable of service providers.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02...sh_adsl_promo/
Old February 3rd 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

BigMomma wrote:

Madasafish.com - the ISP that had its "oi, Churchill, noooooo!" TV ad
banned recently - is getting aggressive.

It is offering its brand new 2Mb ADSL for 17.99 a month - with the
first two months for free. The ISP is also chucking in a free modem and
free connection. The 2Mb service comes with a 2GB a month usage allowance.

**** this 2Gb limit.
You tune into one of 10,000+ internet radio stations and you
used it up in a day.
Who do these fsking stoopid service providers think they
are kidding?
This is not broadband - its keyhole surgery and daylight robbery.
You are not using broadband properly with thse kind
of dopey deployments.
You should sign up to the unlimited service providers.
At least they have some limited common sense even though they
very very very far behind the rest of the world.

Old February 3rd 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

good deal too , however Bulldog have now offered 4MB for 15-50 a
month , you have to ditch your BT account and go over to C&W pay 10-50
a month charges . caps apply to the BB
1 pound connection charge for the BB.

www.bulldogbroadband.com

Old February 3rd 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

7 wrote:

[snip]

**** this 2Gb limit.
You tune into one of 10,000+ internet radio stations and you
used it up in a day.

How long do you spend listening to the radio..? I confess I don't use
internet radio all that often, usually only if I miss a programme on the
BBC, when I take advantage of the listen again facility.

In any case, even assuming you have the radio on 24 hours a day you
wouldn't use anywhere near 2Gb.

BTW you reduce your credibility to zero once you start swearing. If you
have any amount of intelligence at all you should be able to get your
point across without resort to foul language.

Ivor

Old February 3rd 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Ivor Jones wrote:

7 wrote:

[snip]

**** this 2Gb limit.
You tune into one of 10,000+ internet radio stations and you
used it up in a day.

How long do you spend listening to the radio..? I confess I don't use
internet radio all that often, usually only if I miss a programme on the
BBC, when I take advantage of the listen again facility.

In any case, even assuming you have the radio on 24 hours a day you
wouldn't use anywhere near 2Gb.

BTW you reduce your credibility to zero once you start swearing. If you
have any amount of intelligence at all you should be able to get your
point across without resort to foul language.

Ivor

Foul language is out of order,
but thats me when I see ****ing off material.

At the moment I average out between 1gb and 2Gb a day.
Obviously I'd use up a lot more for example if internet TV was
readily available and also if uploading bandwith is high,
I'd really be using the internet the way it was meant to be used.

Old February 4th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

In article ,
7 wrote:
BigMomma wrote:

Madasafish.com - the ISP that had its "oi, Churchill, noooooo!" TV ad
banned recently - is getting aggressive.

It is offering its brand new 2Mb ADSL for 17.99 a month - with the
first two months for free. The ISP is also chucking in a free modem and
free connection. The 2Mb service comes with a 2GB a month usage allowance.

**** this 2Gb limit.

I think you'll find it is 2GB amonth as mentioned by the OP.

Old February 4th 05, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 3 Feb 2005 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Ivor Jones" wrote:

In any case, even assuming you have the radio on 24 hours a day you
wouldn't use anywhere near 2Gb.

The Plus.Net "view your usage" for my account shows a few days with 250
to 450 MB per day. Most of my browsing and newsgroup access is on my
faster, non-PN connection (with dynamic IP address) but I've things
set up so various radio services come off the Plus.Net link. Easy to
get through 2 GB on radio alone in under a fortnight. Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $4.95)
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75