Plusnet cuts to 14-99 a month for 2MB !

Old February 3rd 05, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Default Plusnet cuts to 14-99 a month for 2MB !

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's Broadband
Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an extra fiver
a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

Old February 4th 05, 01:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

six-toes wrote:
Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's Broadband
Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an extra fiver
a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

The £14.99 lite product has a 1gb bandwidth allowance (with extra gigs
charged at £1.50 each). The original £19.99 2mbit lite product included
2 gigs, and has been subsequently reduced to £16.49 (inc vat).
Old February 4th 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On 3 Feb 2005 10:54:10 -0800, "six-toes"
wrote:

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's Broadband
Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an extra fiver
a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

There is no curb on the lite products.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old February 4th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

wrote:

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's
Broadband Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an
extra fiver a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

There is no curb on the lite products.

kind regards

Luke

I think the question actually meant "How much bandwidth is bundled into the
£14.99 baseline price?"!
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old February 5th 05, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:23:00 -0000, "Tiscali Tim"

wrote:

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's
Broadband Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an
extra fiver a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

There is no curb on the lite products.

kind regards

Luke

I think the question actually meant "How much bandwidth is bundled into the
£14.99 baseline price?"!

My apologies, I thought it was a curb questrion.

With the new 2Mb account @ GBP14.99 that will include 1Gb of data
transfer.

Each additional Gb can be pre-ordered at GBP1.50

kind regards

Luke
Old February 6th 05, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

wrote:

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's
Broadband Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an
extra fiver a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

There is no curb on the lite products.

kind regards

Luke

I think the question actually meant "How much bandwidth is bundled into the
£14.99 baseline price?"!

My apologies, I thought it was a curb questrion.

With the new 2Mb account @ GBP14.99 that will include 1Gb of data
transfer.

Each additional Gb can be pre-ordered at GBP1.50

kind regards

Luke

I am probably missing something obvious here, but why on earth would
someone want a 2Mb DSL link when they can only use 1Gb of data *transfer*
per month??

I mean, one PN user stated that he was getting 30-40Mb of traffic hitting
his router per day...with the PC turned off (port scans etc...)

I just for the life of me, can't understand what benefits there would be
above a 512Kb or 1Mb service, given the bandwidth limitations!
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old February 6th 05, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:16:34 UTC, JC
johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote:

I am probably missing something obvious here, but why on earth would
someone want a 2Mb DSL link when they can only use 1Gb of data *transfer*
per month??

I get a 2Mb/s service for the same price as a 512Kb/s one, so I choose
to have the 2Mb/s one. When I *do* want it, it's a lot faster.

I mean, one PN user stated that he was getting 30-40Mb of traffic hitting
his router per day...with the PC turned off (port scans etc...)

I find that hard to believe - unless he really did mean millibits...!

I just for the life of me, can't understand what benefits there would be
above a 512Kb or 1Mb service, given the bandwidth limitations!

There is no limitation on bandwidth, but on data transfer. And it's not
all the time in many cases.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old February 6th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 6 Feb 2005 00:36:38 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:16:34 UTC, JC
johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote:

I am probably missing something obvious here, but why on earth would
someone want a 2Mb DSL link when they can only use 1Gb of data *transfer*
per month??

I get a 2Mb/s service for the same price as a 512Kb/s one, so I choose
to have the 2Mb/s one. When I *do* want it, it's a lot faster.

Likewise. I signed up for a 2M service because I'm impatient and it
wasn't much more expensive than the slower options. I would expect to
use 1.5 to 3GB a month on average.

And I do notice when the network slows down due to congestion.

I mean, one PN user stated that he was getting 30-40Mb of traffic hitting
his router per day...with the PC turned off (port scans etc...)

I find that hard to believe - unless he really did mean millibits...!

Just looked at my Plusnet usage pages and Friday shows 9MB and
Saturday shows 0MB, and that's with two computers and a Tivo connected
all the time.

Bill
Old February 6th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

wrote:

Plusnet have announced that from Friday 11th the cost of it's
Broadband Home 2Mb Lite service will be reduced to £14.99, saving an
extra fiver a month.

***************

wonder what the cap is ?

There is no curb on the lite products.

kind regards

Luke

I think the question actually meant "How much bandwidth is bundled into the
£14.99 baseline price?"!

My apologies, I thought it was a curb questrion.

With the new 2Mb account @ GBP14.99 that will include 1Gb of data
transfer.

Each additional Gb can be pre-ordered at GBP1.50

kind regards

I think you actually mean 1GB/month, with extra cost for more GB.

Please get the terms correct.
Old February 7th 05, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Bill:
Just looked at my Plusnet usage pages and Friday shows 9MB and
Saturday shows 0MB, and that's with two computers and a Tivo connected
all the time.

It would be because PlusNet's 'view my usage' stopped working some time on
Friday...
Regards,
Martin