OK I was going to move to TalkTalk but Bulldog is looking good

Old February 3rd 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default OK I was going to move to TalkTalk but Bulldog is looking good

"BORG" wrote in message
news

OK I was going to move to TalkTalk but Bulldog is looking good,
well for price as I see in an earlier post but whats the catch ?

I was going to go TalkTalk 1Mb as I already use TT for my calls, but I
keep seeing these deals from Bulldog, I see it means moving over to
them for calls like TT but are they any good as an ISP ? any caps on
their connection ?

Bulldog don't have any caps on their ADSL service but as you say you would
have to use them for your calls (they are owned by Cable and Wireless)

They did have some problems with their ADSL service over the summer but that
really only affected customers who connected to BT equipment at the exchange
not their own LLU customers and has since been fixed.

As such, if you are on one of their LLU exchanges (i.e. you can get their
4MB service) then the 4MB service for 30 (including line rental) is a very
good deal - effectively being 20 for 4MB.

The one "bad thing" I could say is that I believe that Bulldog sometimes
have long installation times for their service or they used too in some
cases..

If you are thinking of signing up with Bulldog would you mind quoting my
referral code -just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How
did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or just mention it while
ordering by telephone.

Regards
Sunil

Old February 3rd 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"BORG" wrote in message

I'm more interested in the 1Mb as thats within my budget 25 But
reading the Bulldog site this is 30 from them.

Yes, Bulldog's current 1 and 2MB products are not as competitive as other
ISP's..

Regards
Sunil

Old February 3rd 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"BORG" wrote in message

I'm more interested in the 1Mb as thats within my budget 25 But
reading the Bulldog site this is 30 from them.

Yes, Bulldog's current 1 and 2MB products are not as competitive as other
ISP's..

I also meant to say its only Bulldog's LLU product as well - where you have
to take your phone line/calls from them as well..

Alternatively, you could look at UKOnline's 2MB service - 29.99 with free
modem and installation

Regards
Sunil

Old February 4th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
none

Bulldog offer 4MB for 19-50 , they just cut their prices . no limits ,
1 pound connection charge .
how can you beet that deal ?

Old February 6th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"BORG" wrote in message
Bulldog offer 4MB for 19-50 , they just cut their prices . no limits ,
1 pound connection charge .
how can you beet that deal ?

no it's 30 a month, you need to take their phone deal as well

It 30 including telephone line rental which is made up of 19.50 for the
4MB adsl and 10 for the line rental.

However, the 10 line rental is paid *instead* of the (minimum) 10.50 you
would have to pay to BT...

Regards
Sunil