Router ADSL modem combos

Old February 4th 05, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin J

Default Router ADSL modem combos

Hi,
Thinking of buying the D-Link DSL-G604T unit.
Any suggestions on alternatives?
Many thanks,
Martin J.

Old February 4th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craig

"Martin J" wrote in message
Hi,
Thinking of buying the D-Link DSL-G604T unit.
Any suggestions on alternatives?
Many thanks,
Martin J.

I've got the US Robotics 9106 wireless/ router/ ADSL modem and am extremely
happy with it. Very very easy to set up (15 mins mostly spent with
autoconfiguring. I highly recommend it.

Craig

Old February 4th 05, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Martin J wrote:
Hi,
Thinking of buying the D-Link DSL-G604T unit.
Any suggestions on alternatives?
Many thanks,
Martin J.

If you do, make sye you upload the very latest firmware updates, you
shouldn't have any problems then....

If you do get tempted by the Netgear DG834G here again make sure you upload
the very latest firmware.

Old February 4th 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver Walter

"Martin J" wrote in message
Hi,
Thinking of buying the D-Link DSL-G604T unit.
Any suggestions on alternatives?

I bought a D-Link DSL-502T a week or two ago (for 42). I can talk
to it through my Ethernet NIC (it also supports USB) and it seems to
be suitably specified for home or small business use. I haven't yet
signed up for a BroadBand service so I can't say how it works under
"live" conditions. I've looked for new firmware for it on D-Link's
UK web site (this model isn't supported on the US web site) but
could not find any. As the documentation is dated 2004, I suppose
this is because it's too new to have updated firmware yet.

Oliver