Bulldog offering 4MB for 19-50 !

Old February 4th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
scuffler

Default Bulldog offering 4MB for 19-50 !

no restrictions and no limits this has to be the best deal around right now.
you just have to witch over from BT to C&W ,which is no loss
Old February 4th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hayward

"scuffler" wrote in message
om...
no restrictions and no limits this has to be the best deal around right

now.
you just have to witch over from BT to C&W ,which is no loss

I likes a nice 'witch'

Old February 4th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

scuffler wrote:

no restrictions and no limits this has to be the best deal around right
now. you just have to witch over from BT to C&W ,which is no loss

Complete ****ed up lies
Its 19.50 pounds per month for line rental
and 36 pounds a day if you use it full on.
What a ****ing joke.

Old February 4th 05, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

B Gruff wrote:

On Friday 04 February 2005 14:46 7 wrote:

scuffler wrote:

no restrictions and no limits this has to be the best deal around
right now. you just have to witch over from BT to C&W ,which is no
loss

Complete ****ed up lies
Its 19.50 pounds per month for line rental
and 36 pounds a day if you use it full on.
What a ****ing joke.

Hey! Don't knock it - at 400 minutes free, then only 2.5p/minute, I
have the perfect customer for them - DAVE!
Gee - "no limits" - and then he slates PN!:-)

Bill

Oh I have to half appologize.
Its their web site thats a bit **** poor on information.
You click on two of the lowest cost options and end up
with least informed choices as described above.
Its enough **** anyone off...however....

If you click on and see their other services,
they do give out an unmetered 4mb/400k service
for 30 quid a month because you have to
pay 19.50 for broadband + 10.50 for the line to get the whole thing
working.

At 30 quid a month for a 4Mb/400k service it sounds
the cheapest yet.

Anybody know if I get two lines whether it
gives me 8mb/800k or something so stupidly
contended that it should only be thought of as a 4Mb/400k service?

Old February 4th 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
none

7 wrote:
scuffler wrote:

no restrictions and no limits this has to be the best deal around

right
now. you just have to witch over from BT to C&W ,which is no loss

Complete ****ed up lies
Its 19.50 pounds per month for line rental
and 36 pounds a day if you use it full on.
What a ****ing joke.

there seems to be confusion here , there are a number of options so
check the right one .4MB for 19-50 and the monthly rental 10-50 adds up
to 30-00 per month with no restrictions .
there are other options - the 400 minutes a month is after a 6 month no
restrictions period ,so you could ****off after 6months and move .
so for 6 months you get 4MB UNRESTRICTED for 15-50 ,plus the 10-50 line
rental

Old February 4th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

7 wrote in
k:

Anybody know if I get two lines whether it
gives me 8mb/800k

You'd need a router capable of having two dsl uplinks and load balancing
properly between the two. Haven't looked for anything like that myself.

--
Colin
Old February 4th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

cw wrote:

7 wrote in
k:

Anybody know if I get two lines whether it
gives me 8mb/800k

You'd need a router capable of having two dsl uplinks and load balancing
properly between the two. Haven't looked for anything like that myself.

I can do the load balancing by serving pages from one ip address
and some images from another, and balancing everything between them
equally without any routers and so on. The combined upload speed
should be 800k. But if its improperly contended, you will
only get 400k. Which means there is no point.
My guess is you will get the 800k, because real contention
rate is not 20:1 but more like 2000:100 or some stupid figures
like that which means if you have two lines, you get 800k and
its not contending as it will on a genuine 20:1 line - but I
need someone to tell me with some certainty if they
experienced this already.

Old February 4th 05, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 04 Feb 2005, 7 wrote:

I can do the load balancing by serving pages from one ip address and
some images from another, and balancing everything between them equally
without any routers and so on. The combined upload speed should be 800k.
But if it's improperly contended, you will only get 400k. Which means
there is no point.

It seems pretty daft anyway to host things from home, paying 60 quid a
month when you could probably get a whole server for similar or less,
with much, much, faster page output (certainly on shared servers, using
FTP from one to another, I've had fast connections, where both server
farms have connections at speeds upwards of 155 Mbps). For an annual
fee of under 25 quid, you can get 1000 MB of webspace and a traffic
allowance of 40 GB a month. I'd say it would be more reliable than
depending on both your Bulldog lines running and all your own kit set
up for whatever web pages you want hosting... use the home kit to do
development and upload to a production server which someone else will
be responsible for with security measures, bug fixes, etc...

Then again, if you really must do it 'your way', who am I to argue!

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $4.95)
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old February 4th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"cw" wrote in message

You'd need a router capable of having two dsl uplinks and load
balancing properly between the two. Haven't looked for anything like
that myself.

http://www.firebrick.co.uk/features.html#bonding

Not quite SOHO pricing though.