wifi pcmia card speed

Old February 4th 05, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Default wifi pcmia card speed

My Linksys card attains 54mbps;
I see some wifi cards now advertised now as twice that.

Is the claim kosher?

Old February 4th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Gel" wrote in message
ups.com...
My Linksys card attains 54mbps;
I see some wifi cards now advertised now as twice that.

Is the claim kosher?

It's just a way to compress the data, which results in an increased
throughput. Not all 108mbps cards are compatible with different vendors
cards/routers

Old February 4th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"ABC" wrote in message

"Gel" wrote in message
ups.com...
My Linksys card attains 54mbps;
I see some wifi cards now advertised now as twice that.

Is the claim kosher?

It's just a way to compress the data, which results in an increased
throughput. Not all 108mbps cards are compatible with different vendors
cards/routers

think it's more to do with using more channels at once, rather than
compression, but I could be very wrong ;-)
Either way, it does work, but you're certainly better off using one
manufacturer for the link.

P.