OK I was going to move to TalkTalk but Bulldog is looking good

Old February 5th 05, 12:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe

Default OK I was going to move to TalkTalk but Bulldog is looking good

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:52:33 +0000, BORG wrote:

but whats the catch ?

The catch is their AWFUL attitude to customer support. Have a look at
their forum on ADSLGuide. They used to post there but when they had
the cock-up in September they took fright because of all the flak they
were getting and they never offered support there again. It's very
interesting to have a look at the posts around the time of the
September cock-up.

Every ISP cocks things up sometimes but Bulldog have no idea how to
firefight. If you live in London then they can't be beaten value-wise
but you just have to hope that nothing goes wrong again 'cause rumour
has it that Bulldog poached most of their customer support staff from
British Rail (just kidding!....well....actually......).

The other 'catch' is that you're stuck with their phone service and
their extortionate call rates (better than BT but still extortionate).
You can't use any CPS services or any service which uses a prefix of
the type 18xxx such as Call18866. So you can only use indirect dialing
services that use premium rate numbers like 0844, 0870, 0871 etc. etc.
or 0800 calling card based services. But even some of those could be
barred in the future because they have removed a question in the
latest version of their FAQ that originally said calling card numbers
were OK.

Despite all of that I intend to sign up with them in the next few
days! Where else can you get 4meg for 19.50 with no cap.

Joe