How do I find out if my line can cope with 1Mb or 2Mb

Old February 5th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

Default How do I find out if my line can cope with 1Mb or 2Mb

I am currently on a 512K line.

I may wish to upgrade my broadband.

How can I tell if my line will cope with a 2Mb transfer rate?

I try the BT Broadband checker and it says that it thinks that it should
cope with 1Mb but isn't sure.

Thanx.

AMO

Old February 5th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"AMO" wrote in message
I am currently on a 512K line.

I may wish to upgrade my broadband.

How can I tell if my line will cope with a 2Mb transfer rate?

I try the BT Broadband checker and it says that it thinks that it should
cope with 1Mb but isn't sure.

Thanx.

AMO

www.samknows.com

hth

Ronny

Old February 5th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"AMO" wrote in message

How can I tell if my line will cope with a 2Mb transfer rate?

What attenuation and SNR is you current modem/router reporting?

Jc.

Old February 5th 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Josey" wrote in message
t...

"AMO" wrote in message

How can I tell if my line will cope with a 2Mb transfer rate?

What attenuation and SNR is you current modem/router reporting?

Jc.

Don't know. How do I find out?

Thanx.

AMO

Old February 5th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"AMO" wrote in message news:42052457$0$47684

Don't know. How do I find out?

Thanx.

what modem or router is it?

Old February 6th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Josey" wrote in message

"AMO" wrote in message news:42052457$0$47684

Don't know. How do I find out?

Thanx.

what modem or router is it?

Its a Netgear DG 834G

Thanx.

AMO

Old February 6th 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"AMO" wrote in message
Its a Netgear DG 834G

Version 1.05 and above of the firmware give you the attenuation and SNR
stats - under "Router Status" there is a "Show Statistics" button.

Regards
Sunil