NTL Telling Porkies to new customers.

Old February 5th 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

Default NTL Telling Porkies to new customers.

My uncle recently found out that NTL was to up it's 300k broadband to 1mb
for no extra charge in April so he enquired about the service.

I told him that I had heard a 25 upgrade fee would be payable + a 5gb cap
per month on the new 1mb tariff. He came back to me and said that NTL
advised him there would be no charge to upgrade and it was and unlimited
service from April.

On hearing this I called NTL to confirm and sure enough I was told the same
thing! Yet in a recent statement released by NTL they clearly state that
there will be a 5gb limit and a 25 upgrade fee for existing customers.

Are they telling porkies just to get new business?? or are the people
working there clueless?

Old February 6th 05, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Taylor

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:23:38 -0000, "Gareth :-\\\) voom"
wrote:

My uncle recently found out that NTL was to up it's 300k broadband to 1mb
for no extra charge in April so he enquired about the service.

I told him that I had heard a 25 upgrade fee would be payable + a 5gb cap
per month on the new 1mb tariff. He came back to me and said that NTL
advised him there would be no charge to upgrade and it was and unlimited
service from April.

On hearing this I called NTL to confirm and sure enough I was told the same
thing! Yet in a recent statement released by NTL they clearly state that
there will be a 5gb limit and a 25 upgrade fee for existing customers.

Are they telling porkies just to get new business?? or are the people
working there clueless?

The latter....

Cheers,

Rob.
Old February 6th 05, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
My uncle recently found out that NTL was to up it's 300k broadband to 1mb
for no extra charge in April so he enquired about the service.

I also got told that the 750k will be going to 2mb with no charge so I
signed up with them a couple of weeks ago.

If they try charging me the 25 they can stick their 12 month contract where
the sun doesn`t shine as they`ve mis-sold me a product!!

Old February 6th 05, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Odie Ferrous

"Gareth :-\\) voom" wrote:

My uncle recently found out that NTL was to up it's 300k broadband to 1mb
for no extra charge in April so he enquired about the service.

I told him that I had heard a 25 upgrade fee would be payable + a 5gb cap
per month on the new 1mb tariff. He came back to me and said that NTL
advised him there would be no charge to upgrade and it was and unlimited
service from April.

On hearing this I called NTL to confirm and sure enough I was told the same
thing! Yet in a recent statement released by NTL they clearly state that
there will be a 5gb limit and a 25 upgrade fee for existing customers.

Are they telling porkies just to get new business?? or are the people
working there clueless?

They've been in trouble a few times with the Advertising Standards
people about "misleading" practices.

I'm currently in dispute with them; a so-called "free" period of two
months with television and broadband saw a first month invoice of 54
and a second month invoice of 92 (cumulative.)

'Phoning them does nothing - their customer services / accounts
department people seem to know the words, "pro-rata charges" and nothing
else.

I would personally avoid them like the plague - their business practices
are shady, to say the least.

I'm hoping they pursue this to litigation but they've gone quiet for a
few months and I am not paying diddly squat.

OD
Old February 6th 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dylan30

I was told no charge but that rubbish. After 5 years with NTL and very bad
customer service and billing I have told them to stick it.

No more NTl Phone , TV Or broaband but no more stress

avoid NTL you never get the same answer and billing has a mind of its own

dylan30

Old February 6th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message

'Phoning them does nothing
[snip]
I would personally avoid them like the plague

Easily the worst company I have ever dealt with on a personal or business
basis.

I'm hoping they pursue this to litigation but they've gone quiet for a
few months and I am not paying diddly squat.

They sent a so-called 'debt' of mine for 6-something-or-other to a debt
collector, which gives you some idea of how irrational they are. I simply
referred the debt collectors back to NTL, so I presume that in effect it's
already cost them more to fail to collect it than the debt is worth to them.

Old February 6th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Gareth :-\\) voom" wrote:

[...]

Keep an eye on your credit rating as they have been known to flag people as
bad risks for little or no reason at all (such as your case)

Old February 6th 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newshound

Easily the worst company I have ever dealt with on a personal or business
basis.

Me too (and I never expected to experience anything worse than BT).

Am currently corresponding with Otelo.....