UKOnlione or Zen?

Old February 6th 05, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M

Default UKOnlione or Zen?

Zen is more expensive for 1MB than UKOnline is for 2MB. UKOnline has 500GB
allowance (someone said they class this as fair) which is fine for me.
Zen is monthly contract whereas UKOnline is a yearly contract.

Anyone any opinions on UKOnline? Do you get good speeds, low/no contention?

I think if I went with the latter I would have to pay elsewhere for
newsgroups though which means a higher monthly cost but then I wonder if
Zen's newsgroups will be okay or need me to pay elsewhere anyway?

Argh.. All confusing! :-)

Thanks for any thoughts!
Andy
Old February 6th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jonny

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:52:31 GMT, "Andy M" wrote:

but then I wonder if
Zen's newsgroups will be okay or need me to pay elsewhere anyway?

Their news groups are fine. If you're interested in binaries
completion is very good, around 7 days retention, and no cap.
Old February 6th 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Chapman

In article , Andy
M wrote:

Anyone any opinions on UKOnline? Do you get good speeds, low/no contention?

UKOnline only offer dynamic IP numbers as far as I know.

--
Adrian
Adrian 'at' therefuge dot co dot uk

"Theory and practice are the same in theory, but different in practice"
Old February 6th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Odie Ferrous

Andy M wrote:

Zen is more expensive for 1MB than UKOnline is for 2MB. UKOnline has 500GB
allowance (someone said they class this as fair) which is fine for me.
Zen is monthly contract whereas UKOnline is a yearly contract.

Anyone any opinions on UKOnline? Do you get good speeds, low/no contention?

I think if I went with the latter I would have to pay elsewhere for
newsgroups though which means a higher monthly cost but then I wonder if
Zen's newsgroups will be okay or need me to pay elsewhere anyway?

Argh.. All confusing! :-)

Thanks for any thoughts!
Andy

I don't think you can get much better than Zen.

I stupidly left them for Nildram a few months ago, as I wanted a 2Mb
connection and Zen weren't offering one at the time.

I've now informed Nildram I will be moving back to Zen. If they'll have
me, of course...

Odie
--

RetroData
Data Recovery Experts
Old February 6th 05, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

Default UKOnlione or Zen? (or Nildram)

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message

I don't think you can get much better than Zen.

I stupidly left them for Nildram a few months ago, as I wanted a 2Mb
connection and Zen weren't offering one at the time.

I've now informed Nildram I will be moving back to Zen. If they'll have
me, of course...

I'm heading to Zen from Nildram. Nildram have totally lost the plot.

Old February 6th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BIGEYE

Zen have no intention of introducing 'capping'.
I moved to zen last Tuesday due to Plusnet's recurring news server problems
and their inability to fix it. The capping proposal was the icing on the
cake. I wish I had moved to Zen a long time ago.

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article , ,
a.k.a Netfool says...

I'm heading to Zen from Nildram. Nildram have totally lost the plot.

I'm thinking of going to Zen from {spit} Plusnet, but what concerns me
is that there are an awful lot of people who appear to be doing the same
from a variety of ISP's.

Are these 'volumes' going to cause problems further down the line for
Zen - bandwidth, contention etc? We've seen ISP's who've had to take
appropriate action against/due to over-subscription in the past, is this
likely again?