Returning password

Old February 6th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell Hewson

Default Returning password

Please can somebody help? I have been changing adsl modems. When I
reinstalled the Alcatel speedtouch 330 I have developed a password problem.
The dial up box already has a 16-character password in it. I can over write
it and get a connection, but the next time I dial I find the 16-character
password has returned. I have cleared all the passwords in the set-ups etc.
removed and re-installed the software, but still having a problem. I have
asked the question on the net but found no help.

Any suggests appreciated.

Thank you

Old February 6th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

"Russell Hewson" wrote in message
Please can somebody help? I have been changing adsl modems. When I
reinstalled the Alcatel speedtouch 330 I have developed a password
problem.
The dial up box already has a 16-character password in it. I can over
write
it and get a connection, but the next time I dial I find the 16-character
password has returned. I have cleared all the passwords in the set-ups
etc.
removed and re-installed the software, but still having a problem. I have
asked the question on the net but found no help.

Any suggests appreciated.

I know that some Windows applications now display a set number of hidden
character 'blobs' that does not match the number of characters in the
password. This was to increase security.

Or are you saying you see a 16 character password that is not your own that
isn't hidden?

Old February 6th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:49:42 GMT, [Russell Hewson] said :-

Please can somebody help? I have been changing adsl modems. When I
reinstalled the Alcatel speedtouch 330 I have developed a password problem.
The dial up box already has a 16-character password in it. I can over write
it and get a connection, but the next time I dial I find the 16-character
password has returned. I have cleared all the passwords in the set-ups etc.
removed and re-installed the software, but still having a problem. I have
asked the question on the net but found no help.

Any suggests appreciated.

Thank you

The 16 asterisks are a padding method for WinXP - it does not affect
your connection or the actual password contained within the box.

You don't need to do anything, just accept what is there.
Old February 6th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell Hewson

"Spin Dryer" wrote in message
[...]

Thank You.
I am running Windows 2000. If I accept the 16 asterisks the log on fails

It was ok until I made a new connection after messing about with another
modem.
Russell