ADSL newbie question

Old February 6th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newshound

Default ADSL newbie question

I've a FairAdsl account which has been running very nicely (two machines
wireless to a 3Com router/modem, plus one wired) for a couple of months.

However, today every other site I try is giving the following BT error
message.

The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
'[email protected]_domain'
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using
'[email protected]' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request
please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for
further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

It was doing this a couple of days ago, I thought it might just be a local
exchange glitch. The modem is showing OK on the "online" light

Old February 7th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Newshound wrote:
[...]

I've had that before, once at random and once while I was in the middle
of my 512kbps - 1 megabit regrade. Just wait a while!