Decent Broadband deals

Old February 7th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default Decent Broadband deals

Hi all.

I know this sort of question comes up a lot, I can see that from
missing something.

I am currently on Pipex Xtreme 500 - 512k/256k with no caps or limits in
any way. An excellent service with only a few hours of down time in the
last 18 months. Currently paying 23.44 per month.

Is there a better deal than this given that I would download between 1
and 6Gb per month?

Rob
Old February 7th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Alderson

Rob wrote:
Hi all.

I know this sort of question comes up a lot, I can see that from
missing something.

I am currently on Pipex Xtreme 500 - 512k/256k with no caps or limits in
any way. An excellent service with only a few hours of down time in the
last 18 months. Currently paying 23.44 per month.

Is there a better deal than this given that I would download between 1
and 6Gb per month?

Rob

AOL. They have 512k broadband for 17.99/mo (announced today).

They also don't require you to use the software anymore, so you can just
set your existing modem or router with the new username and password and
it should just work (tm).
Old February 7th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Rob wrote:

Hi all.

I know this sort of question comes up a lot, I can see that from
missing something.

I am currently on Pipex Xtreme 500 - 512k/256k with no caps or limits in
any way. An excellent service with only a few hours of down time in the
last 18 months. Currently paying 23.44 per month.

Is there a better deal than this given that I would download between 1
and 6Gb per month?

Rob

You could get that for around 20/m. (eg f2s 5GB = 20) or if your use
will vary, or be predictable then plus might do you ( 1GB 15 + 1.50 or
2 per Gb).
Those would be 1Mb is you can get it.

Bill

Old February 8th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff

On Monday 07 February 2005 18:40 Rob wrote:

Hi all.

I know this sort of question comes up a lot, I can see that from
am missing something.

I am currently on Pipex Xtreme 500 - 512k/256k with no caps or
limits in
any way. An excellent service with only a few hours of down time in
the
last 18 months. Currently paying 23.44 per month.

Is there a better deal than this given that I would download between
1 and 6Gb per month?

Frankly Rob, things are changing so fast on the ADSL front that I
wonder if anybody can give you a convincing answer, or save you much
if anything.
As somebody has pointed out, PN would (on a Lite account) be costing
you 16.50 to 24, and I suspect that you'd get cheap or free
migration (and 1Mbps or 2Mbps is same price)
However, with everything in flux, and with so little in price, and if
you are happy, and it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

Bill
Old February 8th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Busby

Thus spake Rob:
Hi all.

I know this sort of question comes up a lot, I can see that from
missing something.

I am currently on Pipex Xtreme 500 - 512k/256k with no caps or limits
in any way. An excellent service with only a few hours of down time
in the last 18 months. Currently paying 23.44 per month.

Is there a better deal than this given that I would download between 1
and 6Gb per month?

Rob

You could go with a PAYG service. I'm currently upgrading my Nildram
1000PAYG to 2gO 2Mb for 18p/m with bandwidth beyond 1G costing 3.50 for
/every/ extra 2G. Some PAYG products cap the extra bandwidth cost to ~15%
more than the uncapped equivalent, so your bill will never be ridiculously
high.

You would probably gain the most with a PAYG service that includes 2 & not
1GB so that most months, you won't pay extra (Nildram take note!)

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!