No Dialling Tone

Old February 8th 05, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Paintin

Default No Dialling Tone

Calling any resident telecoms engineers. BT have checked the line, NFF -
can't come out till 14th...

Just started getting no dial tone on my home phones; adsl broadband is still
working, the handsets (all three of them!) work plugged into other phone
lines - number just rings if you call it.

Removed all possible chinks in the chain (splitters, doublers etc); plugged
each phone into an adsl filter into the wall port and nada. Even plugged the
phones directly into the wall port one at a time, and nothing, not even the
whiny "you need a filter" noise you get in this situation.

Anyone? Anyone...?

TIA.

--

Paul.

Old February 8th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Paul Paintin wrote:
Calling any resident telecoms engineers. BT have checked the line,
NFF - can't come out till 14th...

Just started getting no dial tone on my home phones; adsl broadband
is still working, the handsets (all three of them!) work plugged into
other phone lines - number just rings if you call it.

Removed all possible chinks in the chain (splitters, doublers etc);
plugged each phone into an adsl filter into the wall port and nada.
Even plugged the phones directly into the wall port one at a time,
and nothing, not even the whiny "you need a filter" noise you get in
this situation.
Anyone? Anyone...?

TIA.

Yep you need a visit from BT as your line is 'dis' one leg, probably closer
to your house than the exchange but there is little you can do about it.