Bored of broadband

Old February 8th 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zardoz

Default Bored of broadband

I know I am...
Old February 8th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Busby

Thus spake Zardoz:

I know I am...

One particular poster here in particular should take note I'm just about
to upgrade from a 1Mb capped service to a cheaper 2Mb capped service. I
think my usage did reach 1.3GB/m once. Of course, if one d/ls 24/7 the
novelty will wear off but then again some people have lives beyond their
PCs, believe it or not.

Bought Zardoz on DVD recently for the princely sum of £3.99 (from a web
retailer naturally )

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!

Old February 8th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tacky

Yeah your right Zardoz, all the good stuff has been taken out of the the web
by greedy corparate giants like the music industry......I hope they all go
down pan, also Isps are just as bad with download limits we should boycott
the bloody lot of em, then see how long before they changed their tune.
Tacky.
"Zardoz" wrote in message

I know I am...

Old February 8th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gˇsen

Zardoz wrote:

Half of this article is good but the other half is absolute toss.

P2P is not possible without broadband, my ****in' arse!

And I thought there was no such thing as having too much information?

Although I can relate to spending hours/days/months/years/eternity on
the net.

For me, ADSL is essential if only for the low gaming pings.

If you ask me - the biggest problem with "broadband" as a whole is the
fact that, IMHO, ISPs are ripping off unknowing members of the public
who don't know what a gigabyte is by selling fast ADSL with one or two
gigabytes of transfer per month. It works out at about £5-10 per
gigabyte, which is taking the ****. The poor punters think they're
getting a deal, n' all. Shame they only find out how little they can use
their "always on, high speed" connection AFTER they're tied into a long
contract. But this is a different rant altogether. Blame "tacky" for
getting me started on this.

The **** who wrote the article is a bit of a moany ****, no doubt he
would be complaining if he was in the sticks and couldn't get broadband!!

Apologies for the random comments, I'm tired.

Anton
Old February 8th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zardoz

For me, ADSL is essential if only for the low gaming pings.

Yeah I've never tried online gaming - I think it must be a
generational thing. I ought to give it a go...

The guy's right about the overwhelming use of broadband for illegal
copying. I've now got one harddrive full of mp3s and it's just not
worth downloading any more. I can't be arsed with all the films games
apps and stuff ... I mean it _is_ illegal (I'm not preaching here. I
don't think a single app on my PC is licensed...)

Oh for spring :-)
Old February 8th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gˇsen

zardoz wrote:

Yeah I've never tried online gaming - I think it must be a
generational thing. I ought to give it a go...

Although it's great, it's addictive. Because it's great. If you like
playing games offline then you will LOVE playing games online. It really
does add a totally new dimension to life itself. I was playing Counter
Strike: Source at 6:15 this morning before I went to work. Ridiculous, I
know. Although if I'd been able to go back to sleep I would have!

The guy's right about the overwhelming use of broadband for illegal
copying. I've now got one harddrive full of mp3s and it's just not
worth downloading any more. I can't be arsed with all the films games
apps and stuff ... I mean it _is_ illegal (I'm not preaching here. I
don't think a single app on my PC is licensed...)

Mine neither 0 ------- halo smiley

If people want to download warez/pr0n/MP3s/videos/games/whatever then
it's up them. It's not exactly a disadvantage of having broadband, is
it? It's not like the ISPs/telcos are encouraging people to download
that sorta stuff, is it?

Oh for spring :-)

Yeah, the rain and the cold sucks! It could at least snow on a regular
basis!

Anton