Non-USB ADSL modem recommendations?

Old February 8th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Hardman

Default Non-USB ADSL modem recommendations?

Can anybody recommend an ADSL modem with an ethernet connection? I want
connect it to a Trust Speedshare Turbo Pro router and WAP for my imminent
no-frills service where I have to provide all the hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

It has removed 47 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old February 8th 05, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

My Netgear DG834G works for me. There is also the DG834GT for faster
access. I've heard bad things about both LinkSys and D-Link but there is a
budget brand (Dalton or something similar) that some of my colleagues use
and they like them.

Paul DS.

Old February 8th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...
My Netgear DG834G works for me. There is also the DG834GT for faster
access. I've heard bad things about both LinkSys and D-Link but there is
budget brand (Dalton or something similar) that some of my colleagues use
and they like them.

That is a router though, he wants just an ethernet modem. There seems to be
a dearth of good plain adsl modem's, the manufacturers seem to be
concentrating on router/modem combos. I am coming from a cable connection
back to adsl, I want to keep my existing router as it has a print server.
The best option seems to be the X-Modem CE, there is a D-Link and Netgear
one but they seem to be unreliable with some compatibility issues.

Paul DS.

Old February 8th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Hardman

"Chris" wrote in message
"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...
My Netgear DG834G works for me. There is also the DG834GT for faster
access. I've heard bad things about both LinkSys and D-Link but there is
budget brand (Dalton or something similar) that some of my colleagues use
and they like them.

That is a router though, he wants just an ethernet modem. There seems to
be a dearth of good plain adsl modem's, the manufacturers seem to be
concentrating on router/modem combos. I am coming from a cable connection
back to adsl, I want to keep my existing router as it has a print server.
The best option seems to be the X-Modem CE, there is a D-Link and Netgear
one but they seem to be unreliable with some compatibility issues.

Paul DS.

Thanks for your help. I've ordered an X-Modem CE and a microfilter. All I
need now is BT to get their arses into gear.

Keith