Which BT$ idiots write these things?

Old February 8th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default Which BT$ idiots write these things?

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

Energis has already called for breaking
up BT$ so there is no reason for BT$ to
smooth things over with denials and start
resisting.

Old February 8th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

7 wrote:
Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?
Old February 9th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

You hate BT, yeah we get it already. Unfortunately most of us our stuck with
them so no amount of bitching is ever going to change that.

Surely you got more important things to worry about if not you are a very
sad man.

Old February 9th 05, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

dedekind.zen.co.uk!news.anlx.net!caladan!news-peer-lilac.gradwell wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

Old February 9th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

news-hub.siol.net!bnewsfeed00.bru.ops.eu.uu.net Dan wrote:

You hate BT, yeah we get it already. Unfortunately most of us our stuck
with them so no amount of bitching is ever going to change that.

Surely you got more important things to worry about if not you are a very
sad man.

Whilst astro turfing for BT$, you claiming everybody else is sad?

Old February 9th 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

What are you talking about "a pound or less a megabyte".
Makes no sense.
Old February 10th 05, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

What are you talking about "a pound or less a megabyte".
Makes no sense.

Exactly what it means. Some countries already have better
than a UK pound per 1mb link speeds. We are at around 4 pounds
a megabyte cheapest I know of.
Old February 10th 05, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:47:28 GMT, 7
wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

What are you talking about "a pound or less a megabyte".
Makes no sense.

Exactly what it means. Some countries already have better
than a UK pound per 1mb link speeds. We are at around 4 pounds
a megabyte cheapest I know of.

And almost all of those countries then charge per MB transferred.

What is more, those countries can not reasonably be described as
"third world" in terms of technology.

When you look at *overall* cost of average usage, the UK is actually
among the best in Europe, in spite of what many like to think.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
There's my way, and then there's the easy way.

Old February 10th 05, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

wrote:

wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

What are you talking about "a pound or less a megabyte".
Makes no sense.

ah.. now I see the typo there - its pound per megabit link speed.

Exactly what it means. Some countries already have better
than a UK pound per 1mb link speeds. We are at around 4 pounds
a megabyte cheapest I know of.

And almost all of those countries then charge per MB transferred.

No - they have unlimited unmetered services - its a lot of headache
to add in metering.

What is more, those countries can not reasonably be described as
"third world" in terms of technology.

When you look at *overall* cost of average usage, the UK is actually
among the best in Europe, in spite of what many like to think.

Now you are taking the **** as I commissioned and installed them.
I'm totally fscked whenever I'm back here.
You just can't do anything without some idiot asking
for more money than what its worth anywhere else in the world.

Old February 11th 05, 06:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

In article ,
7 writes:

Ian Stirling wrote:
7 wrote:

Which BT$ idiots write these things?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._ofcom_review/

I'm surprised as the past 20 years have
been a disaster with third world
countries having faster broadband that UK
with prices averaging a pound or less per megabyte!

What do you mean by this?

Something like, "Look at me, I'm a ******" I suspect.

If you are claiming to be a banker, please keep it quiet.

Anyway whats with the astroturfing for BT$?

What are you talking about "a pound or less a megabyte".
Makes no sense.

Exactly what it means. Some countries already have better
than a UK pound per 1mb link speeds. We are at around 4 pounds
a megabyte cheapest I know of.

There's obviously some severe confusion about the use of units in the above.
Bits and bytes apppear to have been confused with each other, and the
time component is entirely missing. There's no mention of what is being
measured, and it's orders of magnitude out.

It's most unusual to measure the cost of bandwidth in meagbytes. Since
data rate is measured in bits per second, and sold per time period (e.g.
per month), then obviously the time component cancels, so it _could_ be
measured in cost of bits or bytes if one really wants. E.g. I pay GBP 25
per month for 750 kbps (from NTL) of donwstream bandwidth, which is
82.14 p per day for 750 kbps, that is 82.14 p per 86400 seconds, which
is 0.00127 p per Mbit hence 0.0001584 p per Mbyte. In more appropriate
units, that's GBP 1.58 per Tbyte.

If its the data limit that one is measuring, then again the figures
quoted are way out. E.g. my limit is 1 Gbyte per day, and since I pay
82.14 p per day, that's obviously 82.14 p per Gbyte, or 0.08214 p per
Mbyte.

--
Tim Clark