online abroad

Old February 8th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tacky

Default online abroad

Hello

I was wondering why people in the the UK cannot subscribe to...say an
american broadband supplier, who are faster and a damn site cheaper.
When I surf the net I can go almost anywhere in the world and use foreign
facillities and downloads so why not Isps.
Tacky.

Old February 8th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:34:06 -0000, "tacky"
wrote:

Hello

I was wondering why people in the the UK cannot subscribe to...say an
american broadband supplier, who are faster and a damn site cheaper.

An ISP is providing a service over phone or cable lines, he has to
connect to the lines somewhere himself so you can connect to him. If
you subscribed to a US ISP, you'd have to connect over the
international lines, which would be a) very expensive and b) probably
impossible as DSL signal isn't routed over such lines.

When I surf the net I can go almost anywhere in the world and use foreign
facillities and downloads so why not Isps.

An ISP is a physical entity. You could as well ask "why can't I shop
with Walmart, its cheaper than Tesco?"

Old February 8th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

tacky wrote:
Hello

I was wondering why people in the the UK cannot subscribe to...say an
american broadband supplier, who are faster and a damn site cheaper.
When I surf the net I can go almost anywhere in the world and use
foreign facillities and downloads so why not Isps.
Tacky.

Pray tell us which US ISP will lay a metalic path to our houses so we can
avail ourselfs to these wonderful offerings????

Old February 8th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

tacky wrote:
Hello

I was wondering why people in the the UK cannot subscribe to...say
an american broadband supplier, who are faster and a damn site
cheaper. When I surf the net I can go almost anywhere in the world
and use foreign facillities and downloads so why not Isps.
Tacky.

Pray tell us which US ISP will lay a metalic path to our houses so
we can avail ourselfs to these wonderful offerings????

No just ****ed of with people who post from their bottoms, I suppose I
should have put a sarcastic smiley in there, but it would have just gone
over the OP's I.Q.....