Recommedations for Wireless Router for Blueyonder Cable Broadband

Old February 8th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

Default Recommedations for Wireless Router for Blueyonder Cable Broadband

Hi folks

Can someone give me a recommendation for a wireless router that is known to
work well with BY

I have had two D-Link DI624+ router, the first went back for replacement as
it continually crashed and lost the internet connection.This was replaced
after D-Link Tech Support deamed it dead.

The second one appears to be going the same way and D-Link are saying that
it must be a compatability issue either with D-Link or my PCs. But its still
crashing with only one PC connected !!!!

So all I want is a wireless router that will stay connectecand is relatively
easy to set up - I am not that IT literate when it comes to networking!!!

So folks any ideas, or is this wireless stuff really as hit and miss as it
appears ????

Cheers

DeeBee

Old February 8th 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Bilton

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:00:07 GMT, "DeeBee"
wrote:

Hi folks

Can someone give me a recommendation for a wireless router that is known to
work well with BY

Linksys WRT54G

I'm on Blueyonder, works very well - no problems with it in 2 years...

HTH

SteveB

Old February 9th 05, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin˛

Get the best, Draytek Vigor 2600G or even better 2600VG with two VoIP
sockets, not cheap, but it will pay for itself
in reliability and cheap calls.
Regards,
Martin

Old February 9th 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben

Have a gook at the Draytek Vigor 2100VG

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2100v.html

I'm using one and I'm made up with it! Also has the benefit of giving you an
aditional phone line with low cost international calls, free Internet calls,
and no line rental.

HTH

Ben