500 Reasons not to buy Tiscali$

Old February 9th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default 500 Reasons not to buy Tiscali$

500 Reasons not to buy Tiscali$
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/tiscali_hogs/

Looks like Tiscali$ don't have enough pipes
to make their broadband work. They sending all the
data through keyholes whilst laughing all the way to
the bank blaming putners. So don't buy it.

Others have plenty of pipes giving 8Gb links and 500Gb/month
and also many with genuine unlimited service,
so there is no need to pay all that money and go Tiscali$.

Old February 9th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jimbob

7 wrote:
500 Reasons not to buy Tiscali$
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/tiscali_hogs/

Looks like Tiscali$ don't have enough pipes
to make their broadband work. They sending all the
data through keyholes whilst laughing all the way to
the bank blaming putners. So don't buy it.

Others have plenty of pipes giving 8Gb links and 500Gb/month
and also many with genuine unlimited service,
so there is no need to pay all that money and go Tiscali$.

They are such ****s. I've been with them for over a year, and my speeds were
decent for half of that. Now i struggle to get 30kbps on my 512, which is
just ridiculas(?).

They are introducing 1gb tommorow..hmmm, most likey get 512 speeds on that!
Plus they don't allow migrating, which means me being without net access
(dial-up maybe) for a month, which i just can't do.

Again they are ****s.

Old February 9th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

I think the reason they are unable to migrate users is BT's fault. BT do not
support migration from datastream to ipstream.

It is quite hilarious though they are disconnecting people who go over 30gb
a month! I'm guessing this is upload and download combined. That is a
pathetic limit.

Dan

Old February 9th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
B Gruff

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 13:54 Dan wrote:

I think the reason they are unable to migrate users is BT's fault.
BT do not support migration from datastream to ipstream.

It is quite hilarious though they are disconnecting people who go
over 30gb a month! I'm guessing this is upload and download
combined. That is a pathetic limit.

I hear what you say Dan, but unless things change, I reckon that this
is going to become a common story with ISPs.

With respect, I think that many of you here have got it wrong.
You are blaming the ISPs.
One needs to look (imo) at the pricing model, and see what the ISPs
have to pay.
Then, and only then, does one appreciate where the problem lies.

In short, given current prices and habits of use of their customers,
what are ISPs supposed to do? I accept "stop advertising as
"unlimited"", but what after that?

Bill

Old February 10th 05, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , B Gruff says...
[...]

The issue here is the 30GB cutoff Tosscali seem to be using. It also
seems to coincide with their new higher speed product launch. Also why
has Tiscali not gone in the IPStream direction as most other ISPs have?

1GB a day is hardly excessive in today's high bandwidth environment. If
it was a 150GB a month issue then it might be understandable, but 1GB
seems miserly in the extreme!

FR