Wanadoo broadband on a BT business line?

Old February 9th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

Default Wanadoo broadband on a BT business line?

Our club has a BT business line (we are located in a non-residential area) but
we just need to check weather forecast sites several times a day (not really a
business usage) and are finding dial-up a bit slow to render the rainfall radar
etc. Would we be able to get e.g wanadoo residential broadband on this line or
do we /have/ to get the BT business option?

Geo
Old February 9th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

Geo wrote:
Our club has a BT business line (we are located in a non-residential area) but
we just need to check weather forecast sites several times a day (not really a
business usage) and are finding dial-up a bit slow to render the rainfall radar
etc. Would we be able to get e.g wanadoo residential broadband on this line or
do we /have/ to get the BT business option?

Geo

I have Nildram dsl1000 (a "home" type product) on a BT business line. No
problems whatsoever.
Old February 9th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"Geo" wrote in message
Our club has a BT business line (we are located in a non-residential area)

but
we just need to check weather forecast sites several times a day (not

really a
business usage) and are finding dial-up a bit slow to render the rainfall

radar
etc. Would we be able to get e.g wanadoo residential broadband on this

line or
do we /have/ to get the BT business option?

Put you number into the checker. I think it detects most of the things that
cause broadband provision to fail...

Geo

Old February 10th 05, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Geo says...
Our club has a BT business line (we are located in a non-residential area) but
we just need to check weather forecast sites several times a day (not really a
business usage) and are finding dial-up a bit slow to render the rainfall radar
etc. Would we be able to get e.g wanadoo residential broadband on this line or
do we /have/ to get the BT business option?

Geo

Other ISPs offer business products at roughly the same cost as their
home services. So it's not really going to be a major cost issue. The
only thing it might fail on is if you have equipment or line issues that
won't be compatible with ADSL.

For example Eclipse Flex for Business products start at as little as
15.31 exc.vat a month and would be worth a look. So a business product
on a business line won't be breaking any rules anyone else might have.

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?...sinessservices

FR
Old February 10th 05, 07:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Geo wrote:
Our club has a BT business line (we are located in a non-residential area) but
we just need to check weather forecast sites several times a day (not really a
business usage) and are finding dial-up a bit slow to render the rainfall radar
etc. Would we be able to get e.g wanadoo residential broadband on this line or
do we /have/ to get the BT business option?

Geo

Wanadoo will provision their products on a business line with no
problems. considering your usage though... have you looked at something
like Metronet (http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo)?

hth.
Old February 11th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

Thanks guys for all the useful suggestions (which I am currently following up).
The PAYG offerings might be ok but I have a suspicion that once we switch to
broadband our usage will creep up and up ...

regards,
Geo