BT Retail upgrades its customers to 2Mb for free.

Old February 10th 05, 07:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Default BT Retail upgrades its customers to 2Mb for free.

Seems BT have finally gone and admited it.

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article660.html

Summary .. all lines upgraded to 2Mb downstream, except BT Broadband
Basic which gets upgraded to 1Mb. There's no change in line
requirements for 2Mb (still at 43dB) nor upstream rate.

Existing consumer customers are to be upgraded from 17th Feb, business
from 1st April.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old February 10th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon

Andy M Jenkins wrote:
Seems BT have finally gone and admited it.

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article660.html

Summary .. all lines upgraded to 2Mb downstream, except BT Broadband
Basic which gets upgraded to 1Mb. There's no change in line
requirements for 2Mb (still at 43dB) nor upstream rate.

Existing consumer customers are to be upgraded from 17th Feb, business
from 1st April.

Excellent News! I'm getting BTB basic on Monday (due to free conversion
from Home Highway) and thought I was getting 512K!
Old February 10th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Seems BT have finally gone and admited it.

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article660.html

Summary .. all lines upgraded to 2Mb downstream, except BT Broadband
Basic which gets upgraded to 1Mb. There's no change in line
requirements for 2Mb (still at 43dB) nor upstream rate.

Existing consumer customers are to be upgraded from 17th Feb, business
from 1st April.

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

Old February 10th 05, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sue

"Dave" wrote in message

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Seems BT have finally gone and admited it.

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article660.html

Summary .. all lines upgraded to 2Mb downstream, except BT Broadband
Basic which gets upgraded to 1Mb. There's no change in line
requirements for 2Mb (still at 43dB) nor upstream rate.

Existing consumer customers are to be upgraded from 17th Feb, business
from 1st April.

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

And Wannadoo...I'm still on 512K uncapped at 27.99 :-(

Soo

Old February 10th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Andy M Jenkins wrote:

Seems BT have finally gone and admited it.

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article660.html

Summary .. all lines upgraded to 2Mb downstream, except BT Broadband
Basic which gets upgraded to 1Mb. There's no change in line
requirements for 2Mb (still at 43dB) nor upstream rate.

I'm currently on BT Broadband 1MB, which I thought was also 'basic.'
Will that get upgraded too? Can't quite tell from the news in the URL.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old February 10th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:16:27 -0000, "Sue" wrote:

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

And Wannadoo...I'm still on 512K uncapped at 27.99 :-(

Then migrate! What's stopping you?
Old February 10th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gonzo

"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:16:27 -0000, "Sue" wrote:

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

And Wannadoo...I'm still on 512K uncapped at 27.99 :-(

Then migrate! What's stopping you?

why would you want to migrate? so you can get less faster? for the same
price on bt youd get 15gb of bandwidth a month... at 2mbs you should be able
to download 792mb an hour. youd use up your bandwidth allowance in less than
19 hours at full use.
cheers
james

Old February 10th 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:36:40 GMT, "gonzo"
wrote:

"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:16:27 -0000, "Sue" wrote:

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

And Wannadoo...I'm still on 512K uncapped at 27.99 :-(

Then migrate! What's stopping you?

why would you want to migrate? so you can get less faster?

*ssssh* maybe Dave won't hear this, but Plusnet do "uncapped" 512Kb
for 21.99.
Old February 10th 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

wrote:

"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:16:27 -0000, "Sue" wrote:

I hope PIPEX are reading this.......

And Wannadoo...I'm still on 512K uncapped at 27.99 :-(

Then migrate! What's stopping you?

why would you want to migrate? so you can get less faster? for the same
price on bt youd get 15gb of bandwidth a month... at 2mbs you should be able
to download 792mb an hour. youd use up your bandwidth allowance in less than
19 hours at full use.
cheers
james

I obviously don't understand broadband, 'cos I must be doing something
wrong - I've only managed to shift 1.75GB of data in over 8 months :-)
PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old February 10th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooter

Just Got my e-mail for this. Doesnt say when the capping starts though. just
tells when I can check it. Anybody have any ideas??