Landline - Skype

Old February 10th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default Landline - Skype

Looking at the Skype website I can see no way for an ordinary mobile to call
a Skype account. Is this correct.

It does Skype - Skype
Skype - Mobile/Landline
But not Mobile/Landline -Skype

Before I sign up does anyone know if it is likely that this is something
that will be added IDC?

Old February 10th 05, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh R.Daneel Olivaw:
Looking at the Skype website I can see no way for an ordinary mobile
to call a Skype account. Is this correct.

It does Skype - Skype
Skype - Mobile/Landline
But not Mobile/Landline -Skype

Before I sign up does anyone know if it is likely that this is
something that will be added IDC?

Why no go for www.sipgate.co.uk they allow calls from mobiles and landlines to
your number.

Old February 10th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh R.Daneel Olivaw:
Looking at the Skype website I can see no way for an ordinary
mobile to call a Skype account. Is this correct.

It does Skype - Skype
Skype - Mobile/Landline
But not Mobile/Landline -Skype

Before I sign up does anyone know if it is likely that this is
something that will be added IDC?

Why no go for www.sipgate.co.uk they allow calls from mobiles and
landlines to your number.

Geographic number on most area codes free as well. You only need to pay to
dial out to the PSTN. Get a hardware ATA or IP phone and you don't need a
PC on either.

Ivor

Old February 11th 05, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben

My only gripe with Sipgate is it's per minute billing as opposed to post SIP
providers per second billing

Old February 11th 05, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Ben" wrote in message
news
My only gripe with Sipgate is it's per minute billing as opposed to post
SIP providers per second billing

True, but at 1p/min with no connection charge as with BT, it's still
reasonable. Most of my calls are to other Sipgate users anyway, I don't
call out to the PSTN often, my mobile has more inclusive minutes than I
ever use..!

Ivor

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.