BT Broadband/Yahoo to upgrade customers to 2MB

Old February 10th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default BT Broadband/Yahoo to upgrade customers to 2MB

BT Broadband/Yahoo are to upgrade all their ADSL customers to 2MB (BT
Broadband Basic to 1MB) for free - assuming the customers line can
support such speeds.

Details at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...f-0a59d9f793cc

Regards
Sunil

Old February 10th 05, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On 10 Feb 2005 03:32:09 -0800, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

BT Broadband/Yahoo are to upgrade all their ADSL customers to 2MB (BT
Broadband Basic to 1MB) for free - assuming the customers line can
support such speeds.

Details at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...f-0a59d9f793cc

Regards
Sunil

Not sure I get this completely.

So 512Kb users are being upgraded to 1Mb and 1Mb users to 2Mb...but what
about their monthly charges...are they staying the same??? If so, does that
mean all the existing 2Mb users will have their monthly fees cut to the 1Mb
level??
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old February 10th 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

JC johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in
:

So 512Kb users are being upgraded to 1Mb and 1Mb users to 2Mb...but
what about their monthly charges...are they staying the same??? If so,
does that mean all the existing 2Mb users will have their monthly fees
cut to the 1Mb level??

512Kbps users of Broadband Basic will be increased to 1Mbps. Everyone
else will be increased to 2Mbps or whatever their line will support.

Fees will not change.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/
Old February 10th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve P

For the consumers (prices include VAT) ...

Product Price Speed Usage Allowance
BT Broadband Basic 17.99 1Mb 1GB
BT Broadband 24.99 2Mb 15GB
BT Yahoo! Broadband 26.99 2Mb 15GB
BT Yahoo! Broadband 29.99 2Mb 30GB

.... and for Business customers (prices exclude VAT) ...

Product Price Speed Usage Allowance
BT Business Broadband Single 29.99 2Mb Unlimited
BT Business Broadband Share 45.99 2Mb Unlimited
BT Business Broadband Network 65.00 2Mb Unlimited
BT Business Broadband Network (with SLA) 100.00 2Mb Unlimited

Old February 10th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

But whats the point?

More speed = use cap faster. and if we can use 2mb we should have a cap
twice 1mb.

But better still no cap at all.

wrote:

BT Broadband/Yahoo are to upgrade all their ADSL customers to 2MB (BT
Broadband Basic to 1MB) for free - assuming the customers line can
support such speeds.

Details at

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...=5a6dc6cd-4a5b

-436e-8fef-0a59d9f793cc

Old February 10th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"Phil" wrote

512Kbps users of Broadband Basic will be increased to 1Mbps. Everyone
else will be increased to 2Mbps or whatever their line will support.

So does this mean that BT will look at the line length for each user and
decide what speed they will send or does it mean that BT will kick out 2meg
to every user but those at distant ends might only get a 512k service due to
attenuation?

Old February 10th 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

I've just received my email. It says I am being upgraded to 2Mb as
from sometime within the next 4 weeks and will also be getting a 3
per month reduction in charges for the first 3 months ...twice the
speed for less money ? ...Its got to be a hoax !!

Ian

Old February 10th 05, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
oups.com...
BT Broadband/Yahoo are to upgrade all their ADSL customers to 2MB (BT
Broadband Basic to 1MB) for free - assuming the customers line can
support such speeds.

Details at

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...a6dc6cd-4a5b-4
36e-8fef-0a59d9f793cc

Regards
Sunil

My glass is half-empty, and I wonder if they will take this oportunity to
start enforcing the capacity limits and charging for excess use? If my
connection is upgraded to 2MB I will be able to reach my daily limit in just
2000 seconds.

Old February 11th 05, 02:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"informer" wrote in message
So does this mean that BT will look at the line length for each user and
decide what speed they will send or does it mean that BT will kick out
2meg
to every user but those at distant ends might only get a 512k service due
attenuation?

The former.

Regards
Sunil