Anyone moved recently from Nildram to Zen?

Old February 10th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Odie Ferrous

Default Anyone moved recently from Nildram to Zen?

Did you experience any problems?

If so, what were they?

Thanks

OD
Old February 11th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

Odie Ferrous wrote:
Did you experience any problems?

If so, what were they?

Thanks

OD

I'd post this in the Zen board on the ADSLGuide.org.uk BBS... there are
quite a few wanting to migrate currently.
Old February 11th 05, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Odie Ferrous

James Hurrell wrote:

Odie Ferrous wrote:
Did you experience any problems?

If so, what were they?

Thanks

OD

I'd post this in the Zen board on the ADSLGuide.org.uk BBS... there are
quite a few wanting to migrate currently.

Sorry - that wasn't very well put.

I left Zen a few months ago as I wanted a 2Mb line and Zen didn't have
one at the time.

Nildram, who I migrated to, have been a pain in the rear end ever
since. Bad newsgroups problems, too many outages that I was not once
informed of.

Spoke to Nildram yesterday, who said that the email address they had on
file for me (not that they actually sent anything on it) was my old Zen
address. Go figure.

Trouble is, Zen have come back to me saying that Nildram put me on a Pro
2000 (aka Office / Business) connection and I first have to regrade with
Nildram to a normal 50:1 connection in order that Zen can take me back.
The alternative is to cancel Nildram and go with an entirely new startup
with Zen, which means an additional month's payment - I'd prefer to
avoid this.

Hence the question; it related more to possible problems encountered
with Nildram when migrating away from them - and not necessarily to Zen.

OD
Old February 12th 05, 04:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Odie Ferrous

Dave Mason wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:21:50 +0000, Odie Ferrous
wrote:

snip

Hence the question; it related more to possible problems encountered
with Nildram when migrating away from them - and not necessarily to Zen.

Thoughts:

You will need to speak to the Sales team to obtain your MAC code.
Call them on FREE PHONE 0800 197 1480, from 8am to 8pm Monday to
Friday, or 9am to 6pm Saturday. That was no problem.

I obtained the MAC code on day one.

http://www.nildram.co.uk/pdf/ntc.pdf
3.2 30 days written notice to terminate

The quality of service I have experienced gives me ample reason to
terminate early. This was acknowledged (and agreed) by the only helpful
person I have spoken to in the entire organisation.

So to save money ring Sales for your MAC code, confirm you are
leaving, wait 20(?) days and migrate to Zen (took me 5 working days)

The trouble is, Zen are saying they cannot accept the MAC code as it
relates to a business (20:1) connection. I would need to go back as a
new customer.

I ****ed up BTW and asked for migration too early. The technical stuff
went well and I'm very happy with Zen (router uptime 400 hours and
counting)

I moved because Nildram were getting flakey, dropped connections for
no reason I could see also too pricey for a fixed IP.

Dave

Odie
--

RetroData
Data Recovery Experts
Old February 12th 05, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message

The trouble is, Zen are saying they cannot accept the MAC code as it
relates to a business (20:1) connection. I would need to go back as a
new customer.

As far as I know, migrations can only happen between like for like products.
Bit of a pain that is.

I am migrating on Wednesday next week from Nildram to Zen. I was told when
I got my MAC code that there would be price reductions at the end of
February, but I still chose to leave. Nilly isn't what it used to be. The
thing I like about Zen is that they seem to be like Nilly was three years
ago... small enough to tweak their product lines to meet customers needs,
but big enough to be reliable. In fact, they have beat Nilly in the
adslguide speed tests 8 times in the last 12 months. I know these speed
tests are much to hang your hat on, but it still demonstrates that Zen is
ever bit as good as Nildram.

Old February 12th 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

"Dave Mason" wrote in message

I moved because Nildram were getting flakey, dropped connections for
no reason I could see also too pricey for a fixed IP.

I have also found the usenet newsgroup facilities to be a big
disappointment. I don't do binaries, so I never push the connection... yet
I get failed authentication errors and postings. Major disappointment and
effectively an end to any type of quality usenet service really.

Old February 12th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:57:07 -0000, "Netfool" wrote:

"Dave Mason" wrote in message
.. .

I moved because Nildram were getting flakey, dropped connections for
no reason I could see also too pricey for a fixed IP.

I have also found the usenet newsgroup facilities to be a big
disappointment. I don't do binaries, so I never push the connection... yet
I get failed authentication errors and postings. Major disappointment and
effectively an end to any type of quality usenet service really.

Same here, and it is no so slow to download the simple text messages created in a day from this
group. When existings customers can no longer recommend their Broadban supplier then the brand name
soon disappears off the radar of the ADSL Guide. Is Mildram really in terminal decline?

David Bradley
Old February 12th 05, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected]_skip.invalid

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:57:07 -0000, "Netfool"
wrote:

"Dave Mason" wrote in message
.. .

I moved because Nildram were getting flakey, dropped connections for
no reason I could see also too pricey for a fixed IP.

I have also found the usenet newsgroup facilities to be a big
disappointment. I don't do binaries, so I never push the connection... yet
I get failed authentication errors and postings. Major disappointment and
effectively an end to any type of quality usenet service really.

Since you do not require binaries see http://news.individual.net/
Excellent and free.

--
astro
Old February 12th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

wrote in message

Since you do not require binaries see http://news.individual.net/
Excellent and free.