IP Telephone off of a Avaya Telephone switch

Old February 10th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

Default IP Telephone off of a Avaya Telephone switch

Does anyone know how I might go about putting in an IP telephone at home
which will work with with an Avaya Telephone switch at the office? (I would
like to be able to receive and make my office calls from home.) TIA for any
suggestions.

Old February 10th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Netfool wrote:
Does anyone know how I might go about putting in an IP telephone at
home which will work with with an Avaya Telephone switch at the
office? (I would like to be able to receive and make my office
calls from home.) TIA for any suggestions.

That's the *last* thing I'd want, work calls once I got home..!!!

Ivor

Old February 10th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerard McGovern

"Netfool" wrote in message

Does anyone know how I might go about putting in an IP telephone at home
which will work with with an Avaya Telephone switch at the office? (I
would like to be able to receive and make my office calls from home.) TIA
for any suggestions.

First off, what phone system do you have?

You will need to get a VCM (Voice Compression Module) which in it's most
basic format is around £400 (I think) + installation. Then you will need an
IP handset, around £120. Plus you will need a VPN into your office.

Not cheap for just one phone. I have an IP phone connected as above at home
and we also deploy these phones onto remote sites.

If you need more info just ask.

Old February 10th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

"Gerard McGovern" wrote in message

First off, what phone system do you have?

I'll get this info tomorrow.

You will need to get a VCM (Voice Compression Module) which in it's most
basic format is around £400 (I think) + installation. Then you will need
an IP handset, around £120. Plus you will need a VPN into your office.

I got VPN.

Not cheap for just one phone. I have an IP phone connected as above at
home and we also deploy these phones onto remote sites.

Yes, a bit more expensive than I thought! Thanks for your assistance!

Old February 10th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nsj

Ivor Jones wrote:
Netfool wrote:

Does anyone know how I might go about putting in an IP telephone at
home which will work with with an Avaya Telephone switch at the
office? (I would like to be able to receive and make my office
calls from home.) TIA for any suggestions.

That's the *last* thing I'd want, work calls once I got home..!!!

Alternatively, Netfool wants to work from home occasionally. That way, they
might be able to await domestic deliveries, take any offspring to or from
school, or have an extra hour or so in bed.

--
Now Playing: something else
Old February 11th 05, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

nsj wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Netfool wrote:

Does anyone know how I might go about putting in an IP telephone
at home which will work with with an Avaya Telephone switch at the
office? (I would like to be able to receive and make my office
calls from home.) TIA for any suggestions.

That's the *last* thing I'd want, work calls once I got home..!!!

Alternatively, Netfool wants to work from home occasionally. That
way, they might be able to await domestic deliveries, take any
offspring to or from school, or have an extra hour or so in bed.

I wouldn't want that sort of job. When I leave work, I leave work at
work..!

Ivor

Old February 11th 05, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

IP handset: Grantstream is £69 +p&p from sipgate.co.uk
Regards,
Martin

Old February 11th 05, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netfool

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

I wouldn't want that sort of job. When I leave work, I leave work at
work..!

There are pros/cons to having a home office. It works reasonably well for
my working style, but as you said home/work can sometimes get blurred. The
flexibility that it offers me gives me opportunity to pariticipate in a
greater degree in home life, thus benefitting my wife allowing her to pursue
her interests.

My ultimate weapon in keeping home/work seperated is that I have a dedicated
room where my home office is and I can close the door when I want to leave
it behind.

Old February 11th 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerard McGovern

"Martin²" wrote in message

IP handset: Grantstream is £69 +p&p from sipgate.co.uk
Regards,
Martin

Not one that is guarenteed to work with an Avaya Phone system.

Old February 15th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nsj

Ivor Jones wrote:
I wouldn't want that sort of job. When I leave work, I leave work at
work..!

It'd probably not be cost effective to put a diesel pump in your front
garden and your driveway would probably not be big enough to act as a depot.

--
Now Playing: something else